Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectEverytime bass hits the lights dim????
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=2531
2531, Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
Posted by xEclipsE RaceRx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok so I just got a new alpine cdplayer its pretty sweet, but anyways when I turn it up...everytime the bass hits JUST the lights on the cd player dim (not the dash or the other interior lights built in the car) its only the lights on the cd player itself..so what does that mean? or is that jus how its suppose to be?

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Mods And Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/Site/Intro.htm
2532, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
Posted by Weezle745, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
do u have a system? (IE subs, amps, etc) If so, then you might want to buy a capicitor (sp?) from Circuit City or any stereo shop. Mine does the exact same thing and they told me that i need the capicitor.

Thedawg (left)---Me (middle)---Eclipse804 (right)---DrBalazo7 (Peeking behind the pole)

AEM CAI
Magnaflow Muffler

2533, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
Posted by pancito, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you DON'T have a System, and running the speakers from the Head Unit outputs, that is normal, is drawing power from the headunit, you should buy an amp, if you have good speakers, an amp with sufficient power will sound 10x better, i also upgraded the head unit only and it sounded louder, but i bought an amp, and it sounds clear and loud.
2534, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
No i dont have a system right now...its all stock...my friend is making me a box right now for my 2 12s, but I need to get an amp for that still. What about my stock speakers should I get an amp for those speakers? or should I get all new front and rear speakers? I want to try and get an all ALPINE system...what do you guys think about an ALPINE system? is its pointless just trying to stay in the name brand?

Check Out My Site For Mods And Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/Site/Intro.htm
2535, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
Posted by Blk95Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I know that if your headunit doesnt have a mosfet (or a weak one) it will dim whenever the bass hits. My pioneer headunit doesnt have it and whenever its up the unit dims with the beat. Try getting a amp.
2536, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
Posted by pancito, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes if you like for the mids and highs, to be able to keep up with 2 12" i would put an amp for the front speakers, even if they are stock.

If money is a problem, the order that i would go ONCE you get the 2 12" in there is upgrade to an amp for the front speakers, then again if money permits, upgrade they Fron't Speakers with good quality speakers, then if you feel like it upgrade the back speakers...

2537, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
Posted by esp_01us, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the same HU and had the same problem. There's (I think) a yellow wire on the back of the deck that's not bundled with the harness. You have to run it through the firewall to your battery. Only reason I can think you would have to run the extra wire is because Alpine claims the internal amp pushes 60 watts x 4 so it needs the extra juice.
2538, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
Posted by Budgee_3499, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was told that the power going to the deck is to small and should be replaced. I've had the same problem with my car "99 GS". I also have a problem with all the light dimming because i have a 3000watt amp. If you have the problem, you should upgrade to an 180amp alt.
2539, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
I talked to a guy at car tronics...and he told me that the dude who installed it just didnt ground it right. So he is gonna ground it for me PROPERLY.

Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/Site/Page%201.htm
2540, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
Posted by 99Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Whatever you do do not buy a cap, caps are shit and just drain your electrical system more.. you need to go straight to the source and upgrade your alernator and battery.
2541, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
When I get a UDP installed later on...its really gonna be blinking huh?

Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/Site/Page%201.htm
2542, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When your car is at idle the lights may blink more, but when your driving there isnt much difference. (with UDP)
2543, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
Posted by GSound, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
um......... b/c headunits have the internal amp things they drain lots of power, it could be the wiring is not too thick. line driver maybe i dunno exactly what that does... but yeah... could be ground. could be wired wrong... just check wiring. i'm pretty sure thas it
2544, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
Posted by NT95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do you have that yellow wire that you were talking about hooked up now? If not your clock and other memory prob. don't work, because that is your constant power wire for memory the red wire goes to your switch did you buy a wiring harness? if you did then all the wires should match up pretty close, at least when I installed my head unit almost all the wires matched up. The dimming is prob comming from your speakers taking too much power from the head unit, either the speakers are a little too big for the amp in the unit, or it's wired wrong.
2545, RE: Everytime bass hits the lights dim????
Posted by dudasd, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>Whatever you do do not buy a cap, caps are shit and just
>drain your electrical system more.. you need to go straight
>to the source and upgrade your alernator and battery.

I'm guessing if you had one you hooked it up wrong or something. A cap will in no way be a burden to your electrical system. As far as the topic of the post, it's not gonna matter when you get the ground reworked, you'll probably still have the dimming lights on the CD player. It's just a fact of life with the small power supply for the thing trying to do so many things. Your best bet is to get a small amp for your interiot speakers. You don't need much to push mids and highs inside, can get away with 25-30 watts per channel on those amps with no problems.

I generated this page in 0.01472806930542 seconds, executing 7 queries.