Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectin-dash AM/FM moniter
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=2451
2451, in-dash AM/FM moniter
Posted by icjeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
a local shop near me is selling a in-dash motorized AM/FM motorized moniter for $138 plus $60 to install. But it doesn't play cd's.

I don't think my Panasonic 600U headunit has a AUX output so it isn't compatibale w/ this screen is it?

To be able to use this w/ cd's i would need a AUX input on my CD player headunit, right? but then when i plugged my headunit AUX input to the screen, there would be another input for my PS2 huh?

Any way i could make it work my my existing headunit. I want my existing headunit to do everything it is doing right now, but i want the screen to be able to play DVD's and PS2 and hear the noise through my existing speakers and sub. Should i get it?
2452, RE: in-dash AM/FM moniter
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>a local shop near me is selling a in-dash motorized AM/FM
>motorized moniter for $138 plus $60 to install. But it
>doesn't play cd's.
>
>I don't think my Panasonic 600U headunit has a AUX output so
>it isn't compatibale w/ this screen is it?
>
>To be able to use this w/ cd's i would need a AUX input on
>my CD player headunit, right? but then when i plugged my
>headunit AUX input to the screen, there would be another
>input for my PS2 huh?
>
>Any way i could make it work my my existing headunit. I
>want my existing headunit to do everything it is doing right
>now, but i want the screen to be able to play DVD's and PS2
>and hear the noise through my existing speakers and sub.
>Should i get it?

If your panasonic has an AUX audio input, you should be able to hear the sound from the movies or video games. The indash screen should have an audio output so that it can go to your inputs on your panasonic. The indash screen should have at least one video input for a dvd player, or a video game, ect..if not, you might have to use a video rca switcher, or just manually switch them. To me, you don't really need an output on your HU, since that already plays cd's. All you need is the audio input, so you can switch to that to hear the movie, or the video game. The indash screen should have at least the one input for video/audio, and one output for audio...
2453, RE: in-dash AM/FM moniter
Posted by HondaHater21, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok I think i have a awnser, the LCD is just a screen with am/fm biult in right? If thats all it dose do u really need 2 radios? It should have a audio out rca to do into the back of ur head unit, if not you will need a FM modulator to play it through ur steario, if ur headunit is newer and its a mid range cd player, it should have a ax in RCA. But about the sceen, its a plye or emersom cheap 5" lcd right? If it is I dont think its motorized. Have u seen it yet? U might be getting sumthin you dont want. I also dont think (correct me if im wrong) that theres enough space in dash for 2 din stye units
2454, RE: in-dash AM/FM moniter
Posted by LoudEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yes theres enough room for 2 din sized units, i have an indash 6 cd unit, and a radio in my dash

I generated this page in 0.012901067733765 seconds, executing 7 queries.