Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectSystem Opinions
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=2439
2439, System Opinions
Posted by BlackKnight, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Alright, I need everyones opinions.

1. What are the best 6X9's? (why dont some ppl like Sony?)
{Just curious}

2. What are the best subs? (deep)

3. What size subs (1-12,2-10, 1-15)?

4. Best Amp (what size?)

5. Head unit (Possibly DVD w in dash screen)
Something that is compatible with the stock infinty 6 disc changer

Keep in mind i want all of my trunks space, at least for the box to be removable. Thanks for you input.

Austin
2440, RE: System Opinions
Posted by ableach33, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
{Just curious}

From what I have seen from other places... MB Quarts, Focal, Boston Acoustics, a/d/s.. there are some more too.. also, i'm assuming the 6x9s would be for your rear speakers.. you should replace the fronts first because it will help equalize the sound coming from behind you and in front of you.. if they're in the back, all the sound is comign from behind you and won't sound as good.

i like my IDQ, it has a good mix between SQ and SPL. Other good brands boston acoustics, I also liked the eclipse, there are many others too. Your best bet is to go and listen to them and see what you like.

10 is for something a lil punchier, 12 is a lil deeper, and 15 is real deep.

4. Best Amp (what size?)
zapco, a/d/s, I like my memphis, again many more

don't really know too much about these..

everything I listed is just a small list, but there are a lot of factors that you gotta consider.. like .. price range, what music you listen to, what you want (loud sound or good sound or a mix)..

check out sounddomain.com ... its the best forum i know of for car audio
2441, RE: System Opinions
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Instead of giving my and others opinions to what is the best, go see for yourself. By this i mean to go to as many stereo shops and listen to as many speakers as you can. Get what you think is good, and what you like. I'd stick with most popular manufacturers, they are for the most part very good. Also, keep in mind you get what you pay for. Usually, the more expensive the speaker, the better,..usually. I won't tell you specific brands to get, because some people will praise that brand, and some will say it sucks. Get what you like, and listen to your ears, not what people tell you is the best. Although i would stay away from brands such as Jenson, Rockwood, Legacy, and other "cheaper" equipment since most of these companies over rate their amps, and power capacities of their subs/speakers. Just stay away from the cheap stuff, and listen to the good stuff, trust your ears and never believe anything a pushy salesman will tell you :)
2442, RE: System Opinions
Posted by GSound, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Alright, I need everyones opinions.
{Just curious}
cuz sony doesn't really power well... my friend is sponsored by valley view car stereo and has a full sony explode system, i outperform it and i'm not even sponsered. i beat it from sound quality and how hard it hits.

i personally don't like 6x9 speakers just b/c of their oval shape. the speaker was created in a circle just because when it extrudes it comes out in one smooth motion, when you have 6x9's they bend when they hit too hard, eventually causing them to rip or break. i suggest buying two sets of component speakers, one for front and one for rear.. remembe,r you get what you pay for.

the best i've ever heard from 6x9 are pioneer premiers and mb quarts... i'm a big time pioneer premier promoter =) i love them.
like the guy said above me, you have to listen for yourself. if i dind't listen for myself i would have never discovered the pioneer premiers. everyone frowned upon them, but i loved them. i don't have them anymore b/c i just bought compoennts.

best subs in my opinion are boston acoustics proseries and polk momo subwoofers. eclipse titanium's are also very impressive. i have boston acoustics proseries, and i have yet to be beaten in sound quality. the only car that bumped LOUDER than mine was 2 15" JL's, but sound quality wise, i don't think anyone has beaten me. my friend came close with his 4 10" eclipse aliminums

i think 2 10"s are the best from you're choices. i haven't seen many subs that can kick ass on just one sub. i even heard single 15" setups, and to be honest, most of them have dissapointed me. i have 2 10" boston acoustic proseries, and i love them.

4. Best Amp (what size?)
i think the new solo barics kicker amps are really nice, and the rockford fosgates are always a winner in my book. MTX is really nice b/c they rate every amp b4 they send it out.
i think you should have a 400Watt x2 amp.. that would be ideal. i'm only running 150wx2 and i'm satisfied. i haven't even turned up the gain passed 1/4 and it hits like crazy.

i dunno about this

just remember... like the guy above me said... decide for yourself, i may love one thing, but you may hate it. listen for yourself, and decide through that. just try to stay away from some bad companies and you'll be safe... stick with the better companies. i gaurentee u won't be dissapointed.

I generated this page in 0.010466814041138 seconds, executing 7 queries.