Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectDo I need to get a bigger battery???
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=2116
2116, Do I need to get a bigger battery???
Posted by 1TuffRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
OK, my battery is dead once again (dead to the point where I cannot start the car even with a jump) and I was wondering if my system, which I think is small, and my headlights were drawing too much energy for the battery. This battery is the same size as the stock one, but my dad seems to think that this is the problem
2117, RE: Do I need to get a bigger battery???
Posted by JohnnyCorona, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

if you cannot start your car (even with a jump) you have more than just battery problems. have you tested the altenator in a while??

-johnny

"Few people understand
the psychology of dealing
with a highway traffic cop.
Normal speeders will panic
and immidiately pull over to
the side. This is wrong. It
arouses content in the cop
heart. Make the bastard
chase you, he will follow..."
2118, RE: Do I need to get a bigger battery???
Posted by 1TuffRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
no I havent. Last time I wennt to get it checked my fucking alarm went crazy and wouldnt let me start the car
2119, RE: Do I need to get a bigger battery???
Posted by jerseystyle1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You definately don't need a bigger battery. I would definately check your alternator. If it is your system, what you need is a capacitor. The amount of power your system draws is not a constant. Every time the bass hits, it draws more power. What a capacitor does is store power. That way, every time your sytem draws a large amount of power, it takes it from the capacitor and not your battery. If your headlights flicker everytime the bass hits, you definately need a capacitor. I would first check your alternator first to see if your charging system is working.
2120, RE: Do I need to get a bigger battery???
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You don't need a cap. A cap stores power, yes. But it gets that power from the alternator/battery. A cap will help keep the voltage more constant in the car, esp when using big amps and loud bass hits. It helps with dimming lights also. Def check your alternator, it is THE PRIMARY source of power in your car. All power comes from it, when the car is running and charging. Go to autozone or wherever to have your alt and battery checked out for free. If your battery is somewhat old, I would get a new one, to be on the safe side. They really aren't that much, and is better than being stranded somewhere you don't want to be stranded at.
I generated this page in 0.0093960762023926 seconds, executing 7 queries.