Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectRE: soldering wires
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=1809&mesg_id=10355
10355, RE: soldering wires
Posted by eclipse7782, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by JJPhatStrat
man...you gotta get these things. i just discovered them recently and they work great. theyre called connectors or something. you twist your wire together right...then you just screw this plastic cap over it. the cap is lined with metal, kinda looks like a weird nut or something...its almost cone shaped...about half inch tall, quarter inch in diameter at the bottom...hollowed out and threaded...i was like whoa i am never using twisting and electrical tape again!

:nono These electrical connectors are for use in home electrical wiring and low to none vibration areas you would not want to use these in your car or any other area where there is frequent high vibration. Over time it will shake the connection loose and eventually the nut will fall off. The t-taps that come in 3 different colors/sizes red, blue, and yellow kick ASS. So does zip ties and self tapping drill point screws. The last 2 I just threw in there for no reason.:thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.0081191062927246 seconds, executing 6 queries.