Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectClifford Duplex Piezo Sensor
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=13069
13069, Clifford Duplex Piezo Sensor
Posted by .bs0d, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I bought a 3G Eclipse a few years back that came with a Clifford car alarm. This thing has been acting up lately, and most recently it wouldn't let the car start, and was making some weird chirps and such. I don't know much about it, but it seems it might be a good idea to just disable it until I can get it looked at or replaced.

Under the steering column it has a duplex piezo sensor, which has an adjustible knob on it. I imagine this is a sensitivity adjustment of some sort? What exactly does this do? Should I simply adjust it to see if the problem goes away?

If I remove the fuses that go to the battery for the alarm, the car still will not start. So I also assume it has some form of ignition kill switch somewhere.

Anyways, any insight from the Car Alarm guru's would be helpful.

I can peer around under the hood to get any more details if you need.

Thanks,

13070, RE: Clifford Duplex Piezo Sensor
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the Piezo siren is just a really high pitched siren that goes on the inside of the car to make it where the burglar can't stay in the car because the siren is so lound/obnoxious.
13071, RE: Clifford Duplex Piezo Sensor
Posted by .bs0d, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, at least I know what that does now...

So I read there is likely a valet switch somewhere? Bad thing is, I didn't have the alarm installed, so I can't find it.

I was pushing random buttons last night and lock/unlock on the door and was able to start the car. But it wouldn't start the next time.

ugh
13074, RE: Clifford Duplex Piezo Sensor
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Some times people that do the install leave the valet buttons out(my coworkers do but I always put them in there). Best thing to do honestly is rip the old out and install and new one that way you know where everything is. If there is something I absolutly HATE doing is troubleshooting an alarm I didn't install. UGH.
I generated this page in 0.0073659420013428 seconds, executing 7 queries.