Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectHow to complete the stock alarm?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=12871
12871, How to complete the stock alarm?
Posted by RedLineInc07, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok guys I have been lurking around the alarm/audio forum a lot. I think with the amount of cars that are stolen I want to ask this question...

#1 Is it easy to install the stock alarm in a car?
***Reason I'm asking this is because I have access to a lot of eclipses / talons***

#2 How much (price wise) is the cost to get these parts from mitsu?
***alot of people can't afford to get a nice alarm and then there cars get stolen***

At least something is better than nothing. And if we can get packages together cheap, wouldn't some of us sleep better at night?

#3 Does anyone have a complete parts list, so mabey I can make something up.

#4 What does mitsu charge for a new remote/transmitter?

#5 Can you install one of the components without the other? Meaning alarm but no remote doors...and vise versa..

This could also be cool if you can use the stock remote door lock transmitter to pop your doors open. I have door poppers on my car and I need to install a aux to pop them. Can I just install the factory brain for the locks behind the drivers seat and get a programmed remote from mitsu?

This would be a cool write up in the wiki, I would be willing to do it if some one can help me.

Proud Owner of a few Check Engine Lights...I mean eclipses.

**1995 Talon ESI ( Parts Car )
1997 Eclipse Gs Heavy mods
1998 Eclipse Rs Daily driver
*1997 Eclipse GS ( 30 miles )Fresh Motor

*Please E-Mail for more info...GREAT CAR!!
**2g parts available please E-mail or PM for 24/7 cell number ;-)
12873, RE: How to complete the stock alarm?
Posted by sd_eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
IMO, the factory keyless/alarm module is a pile of junk. Your much better off getting an aftermarket alarm from a 3rd party like DEI(they make the viper series, python, clifford, etc). Sure it may cost more but the available features are much better. I'm sure you've heard the age old saying "you get what you pay for".
12874, RE: How to complete the stock alarm?
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by sd_eclipse
IMO, the factory keyless/alarm module is a pile of junk. Your much better off getting an aftermarket alarm from a 3rd party like DEI(they make the viper series, python, clifford, etc). Sure it may cost more but the available features are much better. I'm sure you've heard the age old saying "you get what you pay for".

+1 :thumbsup
stock security is the easiest thing to get past. it only works if there is a voltage drop from the interior lights going on via a door or trunk hatch switch, someone busts out a window? your car is gone. someone wants your wheels and tires? yup, they're gone too. someone breaks open your hood (I've seen it) and disconnects the battery they can have anything they want, and in very little time.

a good quality security system can at least deter even the best of theives. why should they bother with the chance of getting caught when they can go to the next car?
12876, RE: How to complete the stock alarm?
Posted by RedLineInc07, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes I understand you get what you pay for. But I was trying to help myself out here since I have remote doors can I use the stock stuff back in...it's all free to me...why not use it if I have it..

Can anyone answer the questions?

Proud Owner of a few Check Engine Lights...I mean eclipses.

**1995 Talon ESI ( Parts Car )
1997 Eclipse Gs Heavy mods
1998 Eclipse Rs Daily driver
*1997 Eclipse GS ( 30 miles )Fresh Motor

*Please E-Mail for more info...GREAT CAR!!
**2g parts available please E-mail or PM for 24/7 cell number ;-)
12920, RE: How to complete the stock alarm?
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
#1 Is it easy to install the stock alarm in a car?
yes.

#2 How much (price wise) is the cost to get these parts from mitsu?
a LOT.

#3 Does anyone have a complete parts list, so mabey I can make something up.

why? any mitsu/mopar dealer can sell you the alarm system for a crazy amount of money.

#4 What does mitsu charge for a new remote/transmitter?

alot

#5 Can you install one of the components without the other? Meaning alarm but no remote doors...and vise versa..

with any aftermarket alarm you should be able to activate any function you'd like...assuming you have the correct diagrams. try www.the12volt.com and www.installdr.com

This could also be cool if you can use the stock remote door lock transmitter to pop your doors open. I have door poppers on my car and I need to install a aux to pop them. Can I just install the factory brain for the locks behind the drivers seat and get a programmed remote from mitsu?

you can have the actuators do whatever you want. do you want multiple alarm systems? (it seems so by your steadfast factory alarm love). many systems now-a-days let you program certain functions to completely control the car without the factory system (or with it..depending on your preference).

This would be a cool write up in the wiki, I would be willing to do it if some one can help me.
I generated this page in 0.01111888885498 seconds, executing 7 queries.