Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectRE: Sound Deading help
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=12723&mesg_id=12738
12738, RE: Sound Deading help
Posted by edxmon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by sd_eclipse
Originally posted by Dreamspawn Bout how much SD does it take to do the hatch panels around hatch doors. I was thinking 40square feet should do the trick. Anybody done this?
Whats your main goal here? Just cutting down on vibrations to get cleaner bass? If that's the case 40sq. ft is over kill IMO. I don't know where people got it in their heads that they must cover everything with dynamat/or a similiar sound deadner. This is so far from the truth. Hook everything up and bump the shit out of it. Then focus on the trouble areas and go from there. On the exterior your license plate frame and the heat shield above the muffler will be the main culprits that will rattle like hell and sound like shit on the outside. Interior wise, the snap clips on the panels tend to be the main trouble makers for rattles. little foam strips around the area where the snap clip snaps into tends to help. Also with our cars, generally speaking sound deadner applied to the back of the panel tends to be more effective compared to being applied to the metal of the car. If your looking to queit road noise down from outside down so the interior is quieter overall then a sound barrier type foam installed under the carpet is also very effective. All in all, it just really depends what exactly you are looking to achieve.

Answered my question exactly, I love the sound of my engine "roaring" (im NA, so its meowing more than anything else :7 ) But Last valentines, when we were coming back, I couldn't hear Valerie talking, gets anoying when you aren't the only one in the car. I think the carpeting insulation will cure my problem, I have an RS, and I think I've read on the archives here, its te only model that came without the extracarpet padding.
I generated this page in 0.0078029632568359 seconds, executing 6 queries.