Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectHeadunit not working...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=12711
12711, Headunit not working...
Posted by Slimyjr., Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I painted my interior and to do that i disconnected my headunit. But when i hooked it back up it won't turn on. I thought that maby the fuse had blown causethat is often the case, so i replaced that andthe da*n thing still wont work. i have the power cord plugged in and the one wiring harness that covers the fuse plugged in. Also plugged in are the two wires to my amp. Anyone know what wrong with it or if i am missing something???
TIA!!!
12712, RE: Headunit not working...
Posted by ThePerfectShift, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
try bench testing it directly to your battery. if it doesnt work with a fresh fuse in the deck itself, then its shot. if it works, then check all your under sttering wheel fuses with a test light or ohmeter. Good Luck
12715, RE: Headunit not working...
K i was pondering my promblem last night when i relized that i probably have a bad gound so i moved it and now it works. But my amp doesnt, therefore my subs don't either. I checked the fuses, they are good. It won't even turn on and i have it connected to the battery. Everything is wired the same just as before i took it out.( i took pics of everything before i took it out) Any ideas what the promblem could be would be nice.
TIA!!
12720, RE: Headunit not working...
Posted by ThePerfectShift, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
did you check to make sure the remote wire didn't get disconected? Check your inline power fuse, and check to make sure you have a good ground, dont forget about the fuses in the amp either. It has to be one of those, theres only so many things that can prevent an amp from powering on.
12721, RE: Headunit not working...
Posted by jshillin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Make sure the amps are grounded good and check to be sure that your remote wire is connected.
12739, RE: Headunit not working...
Sorry it took me so long to report back but i had to replace my inline power fuse, and my remote wire didn't work anymore on the wire i had it on?? So i moved it to the illumination wire so now i can turn my subs on/off with the lights.
12747, RE: Headunit not working...
Posted by shonobie, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yea........I wouldn't do that
12748, RE: Headunit not working...
Posted by 95grayTsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ditto......no worky on remote turn on , id rather see you relay it from ignition then hook into illumination wire! all bad can only come from that
I generated this page in 0.013139009475708 seconds, executing 7 queries.