Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectfree install stuff from crutchfield?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=12657
12657, free install stuff from crutchfield?
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok so we all know their "database" is thoroughly inaccurate when it comes to our cars. does anyone know whether they'll still give you the free install accesories that are supposed to come with a HU purchase even though their "advisor" says it won't fit? it won't apply the discount if you add the harness/mounting kit to your cart manually.

i mostly just want the free wiring harness since their mounting kit eliminates the compartment under the deck...

wha'd you guys use to mount your aftermarket decks? can we take brackets off the OEM unit and use those?

i'm looking at getting this deck btw:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-V3rOyD4EigU/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=130DEHP590&search=Pioneer+VENDORID130%2C+Pioneer+VENDORID130&SearchDisplay=Pioneer%2C+Pioneer
12658, RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?
Posted by boosted60trimrst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have mine iso mounted to the stock bracket
12660, RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?
Posted by sd_eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes, crutchfield will give you the mounting hardware for free but save yourself some cash. On our cars you just use the OEM brackets from the stock stereo to mount. Only thing you really need is a harness adapter and that can be picked up at most electronic shops for about $15 or less. I'll have to check, but I think I might even have one sitting in my garage. If I have it, you can have it for free just cover the shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PIONEER-DEH-P5900IB-CD-MP3-CAR-RECEIVER-DEHP5900IB_W0QQitemZ170077120107QQihZ007QQcategoryZ39752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheaper then crutchfield and a pretty reputable ebay seller.

12661, RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?
hmm yea i know crutchfield is on the expensive side since their an authorized dealer. i was kinda leaning towards going with them just for the sake of warranty. you guys haven't had any problems buying fron unauthorized dealers? i mean if the HU craps out, you're kinda SOL right?
12662, RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MCubed45
hmm yea i know crutchfield is on the expensive side since their an authorized dealer. i was kinda leaning towards going with them just for the sake of warranty. you guys haven't had any problems buying fron unauthorized dealers? i mean if the HU craps out, you're kinda SOL right?

Crutchfield has always been overpriced. If you're worried about a HU shitting the bed, don't buy a cheap ass HU! :P

When it comes to warranty, you could get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a cow's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

I have a 3+ year old Pioneer Premier in the Talon. Works just fine.
I have a 3+ year old Alpine in the Galant. Same deal.

I'd stick with Pioneer, Alpine, or maybe Kenwood.
12663, RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
When it comes to warranty, you could get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a cow's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

Whatever you say Tommy.
12664, RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?
Posted by boosted60trimrst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MCubed45 hmm yea i know crutchfield is on the expensive side since their an authorized dealer. i was kinda leaning towards going with them just for the sake of warranty. you guys haven't had any problems buying fron unauthorized dealers? i mean if the HU craps out, you're kinda SOL right?
Crutchfield has always been overpriced. If you're worried about a HU shitting the bed, don't buy a cheap ass HU! :P When it comes to warranty, you could get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a cow's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it? I have a 3+ year old Pioneer Premier in the Talon. Works just fine. I have a 3+ year old Alpine in the Galant. Same deal. I'd stick with Pioneer, Alpine, or maybe Kenwood.

i had a pioneer and a alpine and they both worked fine but my eclipse cd7000 blows pioneer and alpine away .
12666, RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?
Originally posted by MCubed45 hmm yea i know crutchfield is on the expensive side since their an authorized dealer. i was kinda leaning towards going with them just for the sake of warranty. you guys haven't had any problems buying fron unauthorized dealers? i mean if the HU craps out, you're kinda SOL right?
Crutchfield has always been overpriced. If you're worried about a HU shitting the bed, don't buy a cheap ass HU! :P When it comes to warranty, you could get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a cow's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it? I have a 3+ year old Pioneer Premier in the Talon. Works just fine. I have a 3+ year old Alpine in the Galant. Same deal. I'd stick with Pioneer, Alpine, or maybe Kenwood.

LOL ummm ok. cow's ass. got it.

where'd you pickup your premier from? i guess i'm a little hesitant towards purchasing a HU from non-authorized dealers. pretty much means you don't have a warranty, right?
12790, RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?
Posted by scirio, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Did you ever end up getting it? I have a $20 promo code that they give you when you order something from there. "$20 off next purchase"
Lemme know if you need it :shrug
12802, RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?
Posted by Kirby, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LOL ummm ok. cow's ass. got it. where'd you pickup your premier from? i guess i'm a little hesitant towards purchasing a HU from non-authorized dealers. pretty much means you don't have a warranty, right?

You still have a warrenty from the manfacturer. Sure you may be able to get a satisfaction guaranty with crutchfield where if you're not happy in 30 days you can bring it back, but most shops will offer the same deal. It's not like if you buy one elsewhere and it comes in DOA you can't send it back. Crutchfield offers no more warrenty than the factory anyway, so you'll get the standerd 1 yr warrenty or whatever you would get elsewhere. On the other hand I do like crutchfield and do take my business there, but mostly because I get gift certs for them.. They do still send the free stuff but you may have to call for it. I got the harness and the install "kit" with my last HU purchase.
12805, RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok so we all know their "database" is thoroughly inaccurate when it comes to our cars. does anyone know whether they'll still give you the free install accesories that are supposed to come with a HU purchase even though their "advisor" says it won't fit? it won't apply the discount if you add the harness/mounting kit to your cart manually. i mostly just want the free wiring harness since their mounting kit eliminates the compartment under the deck... wha'd you guys use to mount your aftermarket decks? can we take brackets off the OEM unit and use those? i'm looking at getting this deck btw: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-V3rOyD4EigU/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=130DEHP590&search=Pioneer+VENDORID130%2C+Pioneer+VENDORID130&SearchDisplay=Pioneer%2C+Pioneer

Looks nice but I an older model will post pics up later, I recommned with HU buy Infinitys dash doors and rear. This sound amazing better than subs just my opinion. Sorry, I don't subs they're for eating, lol

Two, questions. Do you a turbo becuase it says you have a Apexi N1 cat-back, you actually 600 for that wow.

Your screamin demon coilpack, how is it theprices are good. TI might one what plugs do you use , not wires .
13025, RE: free install stuff from crutchfield?
Posted by whtclipse98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
OOPs didn't see the date, ignore my idiocy.
I generated this page in 0.0089490413665771 seconds, executing 7 queries.