Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectClarion radio
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=11628
11628, Clarion radio
Posted by joeck76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have a clarion head unit lying around that i decided to hook up today for the hell of it cause it a monitor as well, i need to pick someones mind here
ive hooked up the red and yellow power wires, blue amp wire, black ground, the white, green,grey,and purple speaker bundles and im left with a few wires and havent a clue as to where they go
one is solid orange??
one is brown???
one is orange with white stripe???
anyone know what these wires are used for???
unit is working but i cant get the main face display to light up? i know clarion has a feature in there radios that dims that face while the radio isnt being used at night to cut down on glare but i cant seem to get it to work anyone got a clue? by the way the lcd screen works perfect when open.
also on the back of the radio i have a din cable that goes to the standard yello,red,white male rca set up im guessing this is an a/v out??? but i dont know and cant seem to get a signal out of it
and on the other side there is 1 yellow female rca and im guessing this is a video in however im not sure and i cant get anything out of it either
anyhelp here would be greatly appreciated and followed by points to boot, anyone who is familiar with clarion equipment please let me know
thanx joe

EDIT: also wanna add i checked the clarion web site and got nowhere
11629, RE: Clarion radio
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the orange wires are for the headlight "dimmer" for the headunit. consult the manual for that.

you have the input/output thing backwards. the three RCAs are probably for an input, while the single yellow plug is a video output.

as for the brown wire, i have no idea...unless its a grounded wire (just a guess).
11630, RE: Clarion radio update
apparently clarion has a saftey mechanism on there units where they dont work while car is in motion and e break is not on, im assuming this is what the extra wiring is for, anyone know how to over ride this system?
11631, RE: Clarion radio update
im gonna post this for future help, on all clarion units the orange wire is for the e brake and the orange wire with white stripe is for the illumination dimmer, the brown wire is for cell phone mute ill post as soon as i learn how to trick the ebrake so the tv can be viewed in motion
11634, RE: Clarion radio update
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that wire looks for a ground when the ebrake is engaged, so just ground it if you want the monitor to work all the time.

*disclaimer-im not responsible for anything i just said*
I generated this page in 0.01344895362854 seconds, executing 7 queries.