Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectNeed help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=11476
11476, Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
Posted by DegreE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am new to aftermarket radio installs.

Okay, I just got this 95 RS and the douche bag before me cut the harness plug off.

So, I buy myself the radio, and harness adapter.

Now, I am splicing the harness adapter into the car's radio harness.

I checkted the wiring diagram posted on here in a few thread and some of my wires are different:

Okay, Here are the wires comming from the car. (not mentioned in the diagram)

Black with red stipe:

The diagram mentions a wire that is red with black stripe... is it the same?

Green with a white stripe:

Solid Red:

Black with yellow stripe:

What I have going on now:

Okay, now from the aftermarket harness adapter, I have:

Blue - Power Antenna (I don't have power antenna)

Yellow - +12v Battery Wire

Orange - Illumination

Grey w/ black stripe - Right-Front Speaker (-)

Black - Ground (duh)

PS: The diagram says the Grey w/ black stripe (Right-Front Speaker)is to be connected to a black with black stripe. wtfm8?

I don't see a black wire with a black stripe
11477, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
PS:

Car did not have a radio when I bought it.

So I just grabbed all the loose wires that I could find back there.
11478, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
Posted by joeck76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
looks like you might need to rewire the whole set up if you want it to be right. im not saying its a must but i do know all you need for the radio to work is a constant hot wire a switched 12v power supply a ground and your speaker wires. i know the factory set up has a seperat wire for the lights (dimmer or something) im guessing thats the green/white stripe?? if i were you i would just get a good gauge wire and re run your rear whires and your door whires, might get done alot quicker than waiting on an answer plus you know it will all be right. just my .02
11479, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
Sounds easy but I dont know jack shit about stereos.

And I found the light wire. (green with white stripe)

I just cant find the power wire now.
11481, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
Ok heres the deal i just went outside and tore my shyt apart. these are the wires you should be concerned with
white/red stripe
white/blue stripe
black/red stripe
black/blue stripe
yellow/blue stripe
yellow/ red stripe
gray/blue stripe
gray/ red stripe these 8 wires are speaker wires

Next you have
green/white stripe/gray dots= illumination (not used in aftermarket install)
black/yellow stripe/ gray dots = not used
Red / gray dots= this is your 12v constant power supply
thick blue= this is your switchable 12v power supply the one that only gets hot when you turn the key.
white/black stripe/gray dots= power antenna wire

hope this helps you out these are all the wires you will need.
p.s your sig is oh so true!!!
11482, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
awww, you tore your shit apart for me? <3 lol

thanks bro, imma print this out and check my wiring.
11483, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
Okay, I figured out whats going on here.

I'm not getting anything from my constant power (red with grey dots).

I used a test light and everything else works.

Switch about 12v
Illuminate

both of these worked like they should with the test light, but i'm not getting shit from the constant power.

How can I fix this problem?
11484, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
you can do 1 of 2 things, you can run your own 12v constant source straight from the battery or you can check to make sure all fuses are good under the dash and i believe there is one in the engine bay but dont quote me. i would check the fuses first and than id just run my own 12v source myself stright from the bat, if you have an alarm than you have a 12v supply where ever your brain is mounted you can tap into that one also. dont know of anything else 12 constant inside the car off the top of my head.
11485, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
yeah, i just ran a wire directly from the battery with a inline fuse. put the test light to it and it lit right up...

plugged it into the radio and got nothing so i think the radio is dead.

oh well, i got another radio sitting in my room, i'll buy a harness for it and try again tomarrow.
11486, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
make sure you plug the antenna into the radio befor determining its dead, notice there was no ground wire mentioned in the cluster of wires, the radio is grounded when you plug the antenna in and from my experiances will not work without it plugged in. it also doesnt hurt to ground your ground wire for the aftermarket radio to a good solid chasis ground
11487, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
Posted by EclipseTenzoR, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Dude, you didnt have to run that extra wire. I am willing to bet that it was the fuse under the hood for the radio. I have had that thing go out on me quite a few times.. that wire prolly grounded itself somewhere when the car was running and blew the fuse.. For shits and giggles check the fuse.
11490, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
which one is it?

becasue the cover for the fuse box is missing and i dunno which fuse is for what
11491, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
if you are looking at the fuse box in the engine bay from the front of the car its the top most fuse to the right, mine is a 10amp and its under a yellow plastic piece thats holding two fuses the top is the radio
11515, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
Posted by EclipseTenzoR, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How did you make out with this? Did you find the fuse? Just look for a blown one because its going to have to be switched out anyway and the one the is blown I am willing to bet its your radio
11555, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
Posted by cx500honda81, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
first thing I would do is go to a junk yard, buy a factory radio harness from them, wire it in (very simple just match exact wire colors) basically undo the stupid decision that somebody made before you to cut it out, then you can just plug in your harness adapter, and every thing will be labeled for you (and probably colored coded to match the radio's harness
11548, RE: Need help with radio wiring. I have the diagram. With Pics!!!! OMG!!!111
Posted by gramozeka, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sorry for bumping an older post.

In response to joeck76 wire colors. Illumination wire is used on some stereos (all that I have seen in the past 6 years). It dims the screen and the buttons for night driving when you turn your lights on, If you have some cool looking super doooper stereo with brightly back lid buttons, they should dim for night driving so not to blind you. Not a necessity but you might want to check out your set up if you want that feature.

I generated this page in 0.0084121227264404 seconds, executing 7 queries.