Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectheadunit question (rca's mainly)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=11399
11399, headunit question (rca's mainly)
Posted by LeakyMitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i bought the panasonic 980000U not too long ago, put it in and everything worked amazing. week or so ago when i would turn my car off my sub would hit real hard right as my headunit powered off. changed the sub with another type r i had layin around, same shit. checked all the wires, changed all the grounds, same shit. took the sub rca's out and put them in the rear rca's and it works fine. wtf.now it doesnt sound near as good so im pissed to say the least did my sub rca's just go bad? can it be fixed or am i just fucked?TIA
11400, RE: headunit question (rca's mainly)
Posted by eclipse_99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
check your ground wire make sure its bolted down tight.
11402, RE: headunit question (rca's mainly)
Posted by VOTBLINDUB, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
three things: you may be building up some resisntance somewhere in the chain, the pop is caused by the amp, or the last one is that the pop is caused by the deck. start at the amp and work ur way backwards
11412, RE: headunit question (rca's mainly)
Posted by LeakyMitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
all of my groundwires have been checked and re checked. its not the amp, its the headunit. i just wanted to know about the rca's
11414, RE: headunit question (rca's mainly)
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
make sure your RCA grounds arent butting up against any other wires or metal behind the headunit. as for the problems using the rear RCAs, there shouldnt be a noticable difference assuming youve compinsated for the crossover loss from the sub outs.
I generated this page in 0.0078010559082031 seconds, executing 7 queries.