Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectvallet mode, sucks!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=11371
11371, vallet mode, sucks!
Posted by daNextKid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This has been ongoing problem for me. My car had an alarm installed when I bought it( i will post model ect. later today) but I had put it into vallet mode on accident somehow so my car is silent, no beeping to lock unlock doors, no alarm no anything. It was like this for a couple months then bam suddently one day it was working fine, now 2 weekes later it seems to have gone back into vallet mode again. Questions comments suggestions anything would help. Ill post model of alarm up later today if that helps thanks_
11377, RE: vallet mode, sucks!
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
READ THE MANUAL :rolleyes
11381, RE: vallet mode, sucks!
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
there should be a button secreted into the install somehow to control the valet mode. call the installer and ask them where they put it, as you may be acidentally triggering it without knowing.
11382, RE: vallet mode, sucks!
no manual...
11386, RE: vallet mode, sucks!
Posted by 96rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the valet switch should be somewhere tucked maybe underneath the driver side dash...well at least that's where i put it, but you do need to press it a few times i think to go off valet mode. I'm able to arm/disarm silently if i choose to on my remote. check underneath there somewhere, i'm sure they have one since i think valet switches are necessary for programming the remotes.
11388, RE: vallet mode, sucks!
ill check it out and get back to you all
11390, RE: vallet mode, sucks!
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
so what happened to mosting your the model? if it's a DEI product all install/user manuals are available for download. there's a specific sequence you usally hafta do to get in/out of valet mode. usually something about turning the key then opening a door then pushing the button etc. unless it's a very very basic alarm it should have come with a valet switch. your installer should have told you where they put it. they also should have given you the USER MANUAL.

without the manual and knowing what you have it makes it a little hard to help you though.
I generated this page in 0.0088458061218262 seconds, executing 7 queries.