Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectre-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=10460
10460, re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I *FINALLY* got my locks working well enough to get my stereo back in, albeit temporarily. I need a new bracket for the HU as mine's horribly bent up to hell, and I think i'm just gonna spring for the one from crutchfield that is supposed to fit the eclipse.

I also glued some extra-sharp razor blades to the back, hopefully the next person to try this will lose the ability to write their name..
}(

I was thinking though---if I ever have to take it to a shop, is there any reason anyone would be back there besides HVAC controls?

fuck thieves.
10462, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
Posted by Pitchblack98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lol you might catch the person tryin to steal you stuff, but your gonna get charged with something for putting the razor blades there... Atleast get them outta the car before you call the cops if it does ever happen... There was something on the news about that a few months ago. Not that exact thing, but something simular and the guy who set the trapped ended up with a huge fine and 90 days in jail were as the other guy got a ticket and home free.
10463, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
Posted by 96eclipse2nr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Pitchblack98
lol you might catch the person tryin to steal you stuff, but your gonna get charged with something for putting the razor blades there... Atleast get them outta the car before you call the cops if it does ever happen... There was something on the news about that a few months ago. Not that exact thing, but something simular and the guy who set the trapped ended up with a huge fine and 90 days in jail were as the other guy got a ticket and home free.

its true...the laws protect the criminals more than they do the law-abiding citizens. i could very well see you getting in trouble for that. personally, i think all theives should be shot, but the laws see fit to protect them as they rob and pillage the rest of us. sux to hear bro...too bad some of civilization is too lazy to put forth the effort that you have for your stuff. i suggest an alarm (or add on equip if you already have one).
10464, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
Posted by Pitchblack98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
EDIT: link wont work for some reason.... So ill copy and paste the news report...

At about 11:00 a.m. Monday, Derek Thompson left his keys in the ignition, and his car running, at a 7-Eleven in Aurora, while he went inside to get a soda. He said while inside, he turned around, and saw a man get into his car and take off. He called police and filed a report, and then called his stepdad for a ride.

Thompson and his stepdad decided to drive around and try to find the car. At Quebec and Severn, they saw Thompson's car and the suspected thief getting gas at another 7-Eleven. Thompson said he got out of the car, chased the man and tackled him, but the suspect got away. Thompson got into his car and chased the suspect. At Poplar and Severn, Thompson crashed into a fence as he tried to chase down the theft suspect. He then ended up chasing the suspect on foot, and caught up with him at 11th and Quince at about 1:45 p.m.

Denver Police say the theft suspect was taken to a hospital. His condition is unknown.

Police don't recommend people get involved when a crime happens to them because of the risk and potential danger involved. Officers say calm heads need to prevail, and victims need to let police do the work. But Thompson said he didn't have a choice. "That's not risky for me because I'm here to get my stuff alright? I don't have money everyday to just go and spend to buy another car."

While Thompson recovered his car, his stereo was stolen. His cat was also in the car at the time it was taken and is now missing.

Investigators are still determining who could face what charges in the case.

10465, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
Posted by RSClipse9d7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Who would steal a cat?
10466, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
yeah i would absolutely take the blades out---probably take out the whole radio and say it was stolen. Its not like the thief is gonna report it to the police, he'll probably just run away...

And its fucking ridiculous to think you should "let the police handle it"---i've never had ANYTHING that was stolen recovered by the cops...they just don't care.

I do have an alarm, PS---but its incredbily easy to break into eclipses w/o setting off the alarm. :(

10467, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
Posted by eclipse_99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If someone fucked with my car i would probly go american history X on their ass.
10468, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
5/6 years ago a guy did that in chicago. He was one of my friends customer (stereo/audio shop). the thief cut himself pretty good (blood in carpet) he got the sleeve out and used it to slash the seats to hell. Keep that in mind. Aside from getting sued. I know how you feel man but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.

Terry
10469, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
5/6 years ago a guy did that in chicago. He was one of my friends customer (stereo/audio shop). the thief cut himself pretty good (blood in carpet) he got the sleeve out and used it to slash the seats to hell. Keep that in mind. Aside from getting sued. I know how you feel man but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet. Terry

I appreciate it alot, thanks!

I hope he fucking loses a finger or 8---better yet, I hope Mr. Easton and I ear his scream of rage and come out to meet him...

I do appreciate the warnings though guys! thanks!

10471, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
is there anyone with any actual legal knowledge that knows what kinda liability would be involved in gluing razor blades an stuff inside your dash? do people get sued for having barbed wire on fences?

i'm pretty curious what they could charge you with if a thief ever cut his hands up trying to steal your stereo.
10474, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
technically its a booby trap, so it is illegal, but its criminal, not civil. That means the guy has to go to the cops and admit to vandalism, if not theft. That's when you remove your shit and say it was theft---he's fucked. If the person was stupid enough to do this, its quite easy to have your radio and CD's go missing, and cops give $15 per CD for record, making this asshole admittedly guilty of grand theft if you have a large CD case. I doubt the DA will care about his cuts. Those expensive Greddy guages are also quite easy to steal, and my sunglasses are at least $100.

The thief can, though, sue you for his injuries.

However, if they took me to civil court I am quite confident they will lose. Since they are stealing radios I have a feeling I will be able to afford a better lawyer than them. Not only would it be satisfying to see them lose, one would just countersue for the damages and personal grievence caused by breaking in---paying for the lawyer. Finally, if he sues you get not only the name and address of the jerkoff who did this to you but several personal meetings. You know what he looks like, where he lives, etc. Revenge can be so so sweet.

The person is fucked.

But this is all speculation----I took the razor blades out today
10476, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
Posted by WarnerC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
why dont you just buy an alarm and a weapon? my cd player just got jacked a month ago and that's what I did. Everytime that fucker chirps I'm out there with my machette, thats right I got a machette :). The only person I've caught though is my neighboors friend, and he said he was just looking at it.... at 2 am. Other than that and the fact that all my neighboors think im clinically insane, iz all good.
10477, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by WarnerC
why dont you just buy an alarm and a weapon? my cd player just got jacked a month ago and that's what I did. Everytime that fucker chirps I'm out there with my machette, thats right I got a machette :). The only person I've caught though is my neighboors friend, and he said he was just looking at it.... at 2 am. Other than that and the fact that all my neighboors think im clinically insane, iz all good.

Now thats good!
10483, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am pretty sure if you put a thing on your dash that says "CAUTION - EXTREMELY SHARP OBJECTS UNDER CONSOLE, BY REACHING UNDER HERE YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE OWNER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES THAT MAY OCCUR, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SEVERE CUTS, LOSS OF FINGERS, OR DEATH" all of the sudden its not your fault anymore, because you gave clear warning and that puts the liability on him once he hurts himself... I believe. you should just phone a lawyer, they might tell you for free how to make this work in your favor.
10487, RE: re-installed the stereo after the break in...... >: D
yeah i've actually spoken to legal advice about this---i'm gonna be fine.

but FYI to anyone curious: Those signs are total bullshit, so for example, if you get broken in to in a parking garage and they have signs posted everywhere that say "not responsible blah blah blah" they're still responsible. They just put those up to scare people, you can't actually defer your liability with a warning sign saying you aren't liable.
I generated this page in 0.008324146270752 seconds, executing 7 queries.