Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectKeyless Entry Question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=10117
10117, Keyless Entry Question
Posted by Franklindsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How can I go about investigating if I have keyless entry from the factory? Is there a module/brain type thing I can look for under the hood or inside the car? I don't wanna go spend money on a FOB if it isn't even going to work because im not set up for it. I assume I have it because i've got a 97GS with power everything, cd, sunroof leather blablabla. All that stuff. So is it safe to assume I had it at one time and a previous owner lost the FOB to do it?

Thanks guys!

Joseph
10118, RE: Keyless Entry Question
Posted by optimuspeterson, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the keyless entry module for my 95 was on the drivers side behind the plastic where the 6x9 is located. You will have to buy a remote for the car then have the dealership program it. Probably around 75-100 bucks for the whole thing. It doesn't work from very far away at all. IMO you should just save up for an alarm or aftermarket keyless entry
10153, RE: Keyless Entry Question
Posted by Super20G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
97-99 brain box is behind the glovebox if you have one.

you can but a aftermarket keyless kit for 40 bucks and hook it up in 30 min though.
10154, RE: Keyless Entry Question
Posted by Franklindsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Super20G
97-99 brain box is behind the glovebox if you have one. you can but a aftermarket keyless kit for 40 bucks and hook it up in 30 min though.

Awesome, ill go look in a minute. If it is there behind the glove compartment box, what do I need to do get a keyless remote working on my car, besides buying the FOB, of course? I don't want to pay Mitsu a beelyun dollars just so i can lock and unlock without using my key that barely fits anymore.

Thanks! Do you recommend any certain brand of aftermarket kits? And where to buy them, places like electronic express and best buy have them?

Joseph
10163, RE: Keyless Entry Question
Posted by optimuspeterson, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
mitsu will have to program your remote. expect to pay 50 bucks
I generated this page in 0.0092430114746094 seconds, executing 7 queries.