Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectanyone familiar with old PPI???
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=10069
10069, anyone familiar with old PPI???
Posted by wite96gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have two old PPI A600 amp, I want to run them bridged. I know that for most amps, to run in bridged mode, it's as simple as running the load across both + terminals, does anyone know if these amps operate in the same manner???? sorry I know it's a stupid question and I should know the answer, but I just want to make sure. TIA, Don
10076, RE: anyone familiar with old PPI???
Posted by DSMRoadster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
good find, those PPI was the shit when I was in high school. High quality amps.
10077, RE: anyone familiar with old PPI???
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
to bridge the channels, use the right channel + and left channel -. they are stable down to 4ohms in that configuration. ;) awesome amps BTW!!
10078, RE: anyone familiar with old PPI???
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Be careful, if you're talking about the OLD ppi amps if it doesn't have a diagram on the side or back for bridging then don't do it. It used to be you had to buy an amp with bridging as an option. And that's back when PPI was hot.

I had 2 ppi amps back in the day and neither were bridgeable, but that's when bridging was a new thing.
10079, RE: anyone familiar with old PPI???
Posted by SPL_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that one is bridgable...i think everything older than the ART series are without the modual. if you have the manual, it should tell you. also, if you see "mosfet" instead of "bipolar" anywhere its bridgable ;) .

ona side note..im dumb and i meesed up in my previous reply. it should be R- and L+ to bridge. i type too damn fast.
I generated this page in 0.0084159374237061 seconds, executing 7 queries.