Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectRE: Foam instead of MDF
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=8274&mesg_id=9352
9352, RE: Foam instead of MDF
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
my god is this ghetto It will work but the density will be oh lets say not dense. The sound will suck and you will need 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick fiberglass for strength. the woofer will crack anythinf smaller and the foam wont hold up. now if you need 1/2-3/4 fiberglass them why have the foam in there at all? Its a question of density not will it work. Terry 96 Eagle talon ESI Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges 97 Eclipse Greddy header/evo exhaust - SFMU/return line - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

nooo...it was a question of weight dude....shutup. let them experiment. what do you care anyways? :thumbsup

remember? the first post asked:

"Is it possible to use high density foam instead of mdf "

High density. HIGH FUGGIN DENSITY.jebus.

AND, THIS IS STRUCTURAL FOAM! NOT packing foam dude. figure out whats going on b4 u even post.

EDIT: Might i add, its posts like these that discourages a lot of fabricators for making things for our cars as well. be positive eh?
I generated this page in 0.010127067565918 seconds, executing 6 queries.