Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectAll you video people.....i need help with my console.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=3778&mesg_id=3778
3778, All you video people.....i need help with my console.
Posted by guest, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a problem...I keep blowing the 1amp fuse inside my transformer box for the power wire that plugs into my new dvd/vcd/mp3/tvtuner standalone console. It powers up fine indoors, in my apt with the supplied wall outlet plug. In the car it blows the little bitty glass inline 1 amp fuse in my transformer, and displays a dim display on front, and not powering up all the way. All wires check out fine, I dunno whats wrong. I used butt connectors and crimping tool, no ghetto ass tape and wrap bullshit. I have the power tapped into the 12v power on the back of the radio inside the harness, and the ground is strapped to a solid ground with my lcd screen, and my am/fm modulator. Those two work fine (the lcd and modulator). Can I just tap the console into the amp then? Thats the last idea I have, tap the power/ground/remote into the terminals on my amplifier in the trunk...is this safe, and should I try that? If that dont work...I'm out of ideas...help! I had it working all week since tuesday, cept my amplifier was not working, I had a prob with the remote wire and now i fixed that, so the amp works, and I had it all working fine for ten minutes until i unplugged the console and then later replugged it in and now I have the current problem, but the amplifier and system work fine. Any ideas????

thanks!

I generated this page in 0.0087840557098389 seconds, executing 6 queries.