Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjecthelp needed, ignition kill??
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=12904&mesg_id=12904
12904, help needed, ignition kill??
Posted by Seclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think I'm having an alarm problem.I think my alarm is killing the electric to my starter when i try to turn my car on. I'm not quite sure what actually caused it or how to fix it.
A bit of background, i just put in a new battery about a month ago and besides having to crank the engine twice to start I've been pretty good. Last night I'm driving to the store and see a buddy of mine on the side of the road. Turns out he needed a jump so i got him started and went on my way. Get to the store and back home fine. This morning a fire truck flies up my street setting all the alarms on the block off.(not to sure how important that is just trying to give all i can)
Now comes the weird part, I turn the alarm off with the remote and it makes a different siren than usual. I just figured it was because a sensor was tripped when the fire truck went by. I go to start the car and when the key is turned all the way on i get a click then all the electronics in the car shut down. When i pull the key out of the ignition i get power back and the alarm goes nuts.
The alarm is a Chapman that the date on the brain says was made 9/96 and i believe the model is lbl 0725 if that helps any thanks
I generated this page in 0.010843992233276 seconds, executing 6 queries.