Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subject98 Eclipse Factory Alarm Non-Responsive
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=12740&mesg_id=12740
12740, 98 Eclipse Factory Alarm Non-Responsive
Posted by hiexpect, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hi, I have a 98 Eclipse Spyder with remote keyless entry and alarm. Everythings been working fine up until I decided to put some new batteries in my aftermarket remote and reprogram the keyfob.
Car wouldnt go into programming mode like it should when grounding my number 1 pin and so forth. Sent remote in for warranty thinking maybe that was the problem. Got new remote and still couldnt get my car into programming mode which I had done before without problems. I also realized at this time that my car wasnt being armed when I used the key to lock the doors which use to work. Also noticed my security light doesnt go on anymore on the dash, not even when I first turn the key to the on position.
Would this be a bad ETACS-ECM issue you think? Also, is there a way to manually reprogram the remotes or somehow reset the Module? This is just weird all together since everything happened after I changed my remote batteries and kept trying to reprogram before the warranty exchange.
I also checked and made sure my fuse wasn't blown. Also made sure power was getting back to the keyless entry box. I also have new door pin switches I decided to put in 3 months ago, so I dont think that would cause a non-responsive issue here.
Does anyone know what would cause my car not to go into programming mode? I have brand new key fob and I can even program that.
p.s. One last thing I sorta found weird. My cruise control isn't working anymore, which use to work just fine. Dont know if they are a related issue, but figured I would mention that incase there was something related between the two.
Thanks and sorry I wrote so much here to read.
I generated this page in 0.01482892036438 seconds, executing 6 queries.