Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectQuestion for those with newer Kicker amps
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=12281&mesg_id=12281
12281, Question for those with newer Kicker amps
Posted by 98VengeI4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, way back when I was in high school still (I'm 24) I had a old school Kicker ZR600 amp. Some of you may remember the older Kicker amps, mine was rated at 600 watts @ 1 ohm bridged, or 300 @ 2 ohm stereo, but this was back when Kickers were very under rated, it was benched (on the birth sheet) at 858 watts @ 1 ohm bridged (of course that is in a perfect world, a.k.a. bench). Mine didn't have any fancy sub sonic filter or anything but I had the little gain control knob with the little card thingy that plugged in the side of the amp. I had 2 12" XPLs for it. My question is that both of my friends that have Kicker amps now, they have a THUMP when you turn it on. My old Kicker used to have a 5 second turn on delay to keep out the THUMP. Even my Audiobahn amps don' t do it. Are the new Kicker amps supposed to do this? Can anyone with a new Kicker amp veryify this?

-Nate
-All-Motor Buildup on the way
-VIS Invader hood, R34 front, Halo Proejctors, M3 LED Mirrors, Projector Fogs
I generated this page in 0.0087869167327881 seconds, executing 6 queries.