Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectRE: when building custom boxes with fiberglass
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=10162&mesg_id=10164
10164, RE: when building custom boxes with fiberglass
Posted by widebodyeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what i would do is to build the box for the 10s all but the top. then cut speaker rings for the 10s and mount them however. then i took some 40 grit sand paper and ruffed up the surfaces where the mat and resign was gong to cover so to get a good bite on it. when u stretch some cloth (use a cottom blanket) and staple it to the wood. make sure that u stretch it good, less ripples will save some time) soak it with resin. then u want to layer the glasson top probably about 1/4 of an inch total to be strong. probably add 3 or 4 layers of mat over the blanket to be strong. dont b shy with the resign, makes a mess but you want to load it on and make sure to lay it evenly so u dont get andy air pockets use a paintbrush and dab at it. then i would let dry then scuff with the 40 grit again and load filler on it to smooth out any riples. hope that helps.

t3/t4 setup, je pistone, eagle rods,aem cam gears, crane cams, port and polished head w swirl polished valves, avcr, autometer gauges to be installed, kaminari widebody kit shaved rain seals, door handles, tail lights, relocated gas cap, double humped hood, 20in weld evo wheels, air ride, custom fiberglass work (dash interior) more to come just not enough time :)
I generated this page in 0.01053786277771 seconds, executing 6 queries.