Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #758
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!" Previous topic | Next topic
adamztyOct-10-08 10:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#758, "Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!"

Hi guys! I just bought my first car, a 1998 Eclipse GS about a month ago. It has 118000 miles on it, and it has been really well taken care of. He had all the maintence records! I paid $4,500 for it. I will have some pictures up later tonight because I have to get a camera. I have spent a little time on this forum, and it seems like a great community!

I am not planning on doing any extreme mods to my car, because its just a daily driver for me. But, I will be doing most of my own maintence.

I look forward to talking with everyone!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-10-08 11:07 AM, #1
RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!, 740 turbo brick, Oct-10-08 02:16 PM, #2
      RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!, Moderatorteklein, Oct-10-08 03:36 PM, #3
           RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!, Hedge, Oct-10-08 04:16 PM, #4
                RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!, adamzty, Oct-11-08 04:24 PM, #5
                     RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!, Hedge, Oct-12-08 06:41 PM, #6
                          RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!, thormx353, Oct-16-08 02:23 AM, #7
                               RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-16-08 05:32 PM, #8

420agreenvilleSCOct-10-08 11:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#759, "RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!"
In response to Reply # 0

welcome. intake, headers, exhaust, spark wires/plugs, done.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

740 turbo brickOct-10-08 02:16 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#760, "RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Welcome. What ^ he said.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

ModeratortekleinOct-10-08 03:36 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#761, "RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!"
In response to Reply # 2
Oct-10-08 03:37 PM by teklein

Awesome bro!

Cant wait to see pics.

Add an under drive pulley and bigger throttle body to that list as well

HedgeOct-10-08 04:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#762, "RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!"
In response to Reply # 3

welcome. Is it an automatic or manual?

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

adamztyOct-11-08 04:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#765, "RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Its a manual of course!

How much would all that stuff cost me? I dont really want to spend a whole lot of money on performance parts. Its just my daily driver. How would those things benifet me anyway?

I will get some pics up as soom as I find my moms camera. I just washed and waxed, detailed the car today!

HedgeOct-12-08 06:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#766, "RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!"
In response to Reply # 5
Oct-12-08 06:43 PM by Hedge

it really depends on what type of stuff you want to buy, if you want good quallity name brands, its going to be alot more then cheap ebay stuff. Some things you can get away with buying off ebay though. Ill give you a basic list of ebay priced parts, it might be more, it might be less, but its an idea.

intake, you can make your own fairly easy, but they are on ebay for like 30$,

headers, 40-60 on ebay, ive been told you get the same results with this as you do the name brand headers.
exhaust, a full catback on ebay will be about 200 shipped to the states, you can sometimes find deals with a header and catback for cheaper then buying them seperatly

spark wires/plugs just go to napa or autozone or something for these. shouldnt be over 60$ or so for good stuff.

a bigger tb, you can make these out of an old jeep tb and an eclipse tb, there is a write up on the wiki for it, or you can buy one. You could probably get the jeep one and spare eclipse one for under 40 depending on the junkyards.

a udp you can get on ebay for like 50$.

so you can get it all for like 450, but thats going the cheapest way possible, and it all goes back to the old saying that you can pick two things out of being fast, cheap, and reliable, but you cant have all three.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

thormx353Oct-16-08 02:23 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2008
62 posts,
#769, "RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!"
In response to Reply # 6

Hedge basically said it all.

420agreenvilleSCOct-16-08 05:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#772, "RE: Hi, I am new! 1998 Eclipse GS, first car!!"
In response to Reply # 7
Oct-16-08 05:34 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

if i were him, i'd ebay EVERYthing.

intake 50
headers 80
exhaust 200
wires/plugs 50
throttle body 140 (ported)
UDP w/ new belts 100

total - 620 (if you do all the work)

HP? - i'd guess around 15-30max wheel

if its a daily driver, and you don't know much about these parts or your car, this will still let you DD your car

just take mine and hedge's numbers, average em, you get the point. i kinda overquoted/underquoted on some prices

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #758 Previous topic | Next topic