Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #694
View in linear mode

Subject: "Newbie here" Previous topic | Next topic
tmb276Sep-18-08 11:09 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2008
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#694, "Newbie here"

Hey guys, my names Trevor. I've been on here for a few months but never came in here! Haha yeah here's my 96 RS.

Yep there she is... haha what do you guys think?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Newbie here, 96TurboGS, Sep-18-08 01:00 PM, #1
RE: Newbie here, tmb276, Sep-18-08 02:35 PM, #2
      RE: Newbie here, Moderatorteklein, Sep-19-08 02:45 AM, #3
           RE: Newbie here, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-19-08 03:21 AM, #4
                RE: Newbie here, tmb276, Sep-19-08 06:30 AM, #5
                     RE: Newbie here, Moderatorteklein, Sep-19-08 06:40 AM, #6
                          RE: Newbie here, tmb276, Sep-19-08 06:58 AM, #7
                               RE: Newbie here, freelancefool, Sep-19-08 01:02 PM, #8
                                    RE: Newbie here, dalesmitsu, Sep-19-08 01:13 PM, #9
                                         RE: Newbie here, tmb276, Sep-19-08 01:22 PM, #10
                                              RE: Newbie here, freelancefool, Sep-19-08 05:30 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Newbie here, tmb276, Sep-19-08 05:55 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Newbie here, freelancefool, Sep-20-08 04:56 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Newbie here, tmb276, Sep-20-08 10:21 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Newbie here, chill, Sep-21-08 06:34 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: Newbie here, tmb276, Sep-22-08 05:46 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: Newbie here, chill, Sep-22-08 07:39 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: Newbie here, thormx353, Oct-08-08 03:37 PM, #18
                                                                                      RE: Newbie here, silver_7, Oct-09-08 10:33 AM, #19
                                                                                           RE: Newbie here, 2GeclipseRS, Nov-28-08 10:35 AM, #20

96TurboGSSep-18-08 01:00 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2007
125 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#695, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-18-08 01:05 PM by 96TurboGS

Welcome to 2gnt...

Holy shit your car is clean!!, u are defiantly one of the cleanest 2gnts on this site. What plans do you have for it in the future?

-Rafiel

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

tmb276Sep-18-08 02:35 PM
0 posts,
#696, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 1

Hey thanks alot for the kind words.Well I got a 97 talon bumper off of another member on here about a month ago and have yet to paint it! Once that goes on I am not sure. I can't decide whether I should fix all of the stock stuff (like a/c) or get some cool stuff. It REALLY needs a good lowering. I have found a bunch of stuff that I'd like to do, but all of that money... Haha

ModeratortekleinSep-19-08 02:45 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#697, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 2

Great car man!

Check out the Tokico Illumina shock/spring set! They are around 500 bucks and are adjustable.

Awesome Evo wheels btw

Welcome!

AdministratorCODE4Sep-19-08 03:21 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#698, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 3

Clean ride bro. And nice color too

Lowering kit is definitely on the menu. Also perhaps a rear disc conversion to clean it up a bit.

Welcome to the site. Search - there is a ton of info here.

---

2012 2500HD LML

tmb276Sep-19-08 06:30 AM
0 posts,
#699, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 4
Sep-19-08 06:36 AM by tmb276

I have always wondered about the illumina spring/shock combo. I am a poor college student so if I spend 500 I gotta know for sure that it's worth it! Haha I know those shocks are the best but what kind of springs do they come with? I was just looking at Swift springs because I know they use them heavily in racing so they are pretty top notch.

Hey Code4, in regards to the disc conversion, is there much improvement over the drums as far as stopping power? I know that they look WAY better, but I wonder how they perform in comparison. Plus, I am kind of afraid to do it myself! Haha I suck at wrenching and I only have one friend who knows what he's doing.

ModeratortekleinSep-19-08 06:40 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#700, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 5

They come with Tokico HP springs IIRC.

They are great, youd love them

tmb276Sep-19-08 06:58 AM
0 posts,
#701, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 6

Awesome thanks!

freelancefoolSep-19-08 01:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#702, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 7

The disc brake conversion didn't really feel as though it made a whole lot of difference in my car. I would probably be mistaken if I could find braking data for an RS vs. GS.

My Blog

dalesmitsuSep-19-08 01:13 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#703, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by freelancefool
The disc brake conversion didn't really feel as though it made a whole lot of difference in my car. I would probably be mistaken if I could find braking data for an RS vs. GS.

welcome nice evo wheel swap they fill the fender good. Try the info/spec and mods tech info and the search for lowering kits. You'll read a few rely on Eibach Pro kit.

I'd say do one thing at time, don't rush but its trial an error buying parts/ breaking something.

A/c is a good start though

tmb276Sep-19-08 01:22 PM
0 posts,
#704, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 9

Thanks for the info guys. I found a sort of kit on ebay that had everything for the swap but the rotors for like 200 or somewhere around there. I'd rather have my a a/c fixed though

freelancefoolSep-19-08 05:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#705, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 10

I paid $200 for a non running talon parted out the car to get my money back and did my brake swap. Fix your a/c and hit up the F/S section here. People like stangmurdera are always parting out cars and have good/fair pricing.

My Blog

tmb276Sep-19-08 05:55 PM
0 posts,
#706, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 11

haha really? that's pretty awesome! I'll check it out. I don't really know what's wrong with it yet though, it is just really loud coming from the glovebox.

freelancefoolSep-20-08 04:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#707, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 12

The fan sits behind the glovebox.

My Blog

tmb276Sep-20-08 10:21 AM
0 posts,
#708, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 13

Yeah I figured that it was just out of balance or loose or something. I'm gonna check it out. I'm guessing you get at the fan by taking off the glovebox. Haha I will investigate!

chillSep-21-08 06:34 PM
Member since Aug 27th 2008
7 posts,
#709, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 14
Sep-21-08 06:35 PM by chill

Clean car mang!

Grab some KYB GR-2's from Advanced and buy some Eibach Sportline springs...thats my setup--it looks and rides GREAT

It's slow...

tmb276Sep-22-08 05:46 AM
0 posts,
#710, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 15

Thanks man! How much did that suspension setup cost you? I kinda wanna save up for a good adjustable setup, and I'm pretty sure gr-2s aren't adjustable, right? How much lowering do the eibach springs generally produce?

chillSep-22-08 07:39 PM
Member since Aug 27th 2008
7 posts,
#712, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 16

The GR-2's are non adjustable you are correct, but if your looking for a nice setup that rides good and are on somewhat of a budget you can't go wrong with them. My Sportlines gave I would say maybe a 2-2.5 inch drop...my wheelgap is only 1 finger wide, and I can only fit a fist under my front bumper. I am also on 18's. Look at my pics in the Intro forum if you wanna see how the car sits

It's slow...

thormx353Oct-08-08 03:37 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2008
62 posts,
#750, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 17

clean man.

silver_7Oct-09-08 10:33 AM
Member since Oct 02nd 2008
4 posts,
#755, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 18

really nice cant wait to get mine painted...lol

2GeclipseRSNov-28-08 10:35 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#824, "RE: Newbie here"
In response to Reply # 19

Clean car.

If you lower it, do it right.

Gr2's suck balls. They're stock replacement shocks. The only reason people say they are better is because when they made the switch, their stock shocks were blown 40k ago........

Stiff springs are intended for stiff shocks. You dont match spring rates with your dampers and your ride quality = fail. You'll feel like you're driving a damn pogo stick down the street. Anyone that says different is in denial or retarded. Save and spend money on something adjustable....like full 32 way coilovers for instance.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #694 Previous topic | Next topic