Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #501
View in linear mode

Subject: "New RS junkie" Previous topic | Next topic
hokie77Jun-18-08 06:39 AM
Member since Jun 01st 2008
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#501, "New RS junkie"

What's up everyone? Been lurking here for a month or two and this forum is a goldmine. It's great to have a resource focused on a specific model. I just got my '98 RS for $900 with 198K on it. The interior is great, it was owned by a girl who bought it almost new. Her mechanic told her it needed a new head gasket and didn't trust the bottom end so he recommended a new motor. Well, I took my chances cuz that didn't seem to be the case. Reality was, it needed new vc gasket and plug hole gaskets, plugs, wires, TPS, and tie rod. Now it runs great and I'm glad to have the mechanical knowledge to know a good buy. It's black and the paint is completely shot so I'm painting it satin black w/ gloss black jigsaw pattern overlay. No pics yet, but I'll keep everyone posted. The paint's prob gonna take the better part of a year since I'm doing it myself. One thing's for certain, eventually it's gonna go fast and handle like a dream. Here's to the new family and thanks to those who put this place together for us. Sorry for the long-winded post but I felt this car kinda had a story to tell.

Aaron

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RoninEclipse2GJun-18-08 07:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#503, "RE: New RS junkie"
In response to Reply # 0

good to have you here!

read read read and read some more, almost every question can be answered with a little searching if you take the time to do it
(ask a question that we've answered a million times over and you might want to duck and cover)

take care of that car and it'll do you well

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

hokie77Jun-18-08 09:10 AM
Member since Jun 01st 2008
10 posts,
#504, "RE: New RS junkie"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, I'd say there's enough reading to kill quite some time. I'm ordering the stencil for my paint Friday so I'll take some pics of the hood as it goes from ugly to beauty. One panel at a time for now. Then I need to put some more go into the show to back it up. All in due time, I wanna get my hands dirty on as much of the work as possible.

TeamDR1665Jun-22-08 03:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#505, "RE: New RS junkie"
In response to Reply # 2

Welcome! This place is a bit slower in its old age, but stick around and make some replies where you can and you'll see this is so much more than just another car site.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #501 Previous topic | Next topic