Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #470
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Member" Previous topic | Next topic
740 turbo brickJun-09-08 05:04 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#470, "New Member"

Hey whats up everyone. Ive been looking at the 2gnt pages for a while and just now joined. Im also a member of dsmtalk. I have a 95 Eclipse GS. I found it sitting in a parking lot where it had been for 3 years. Maaged to find who owned it, and bought it for 1300 with 140,000 miles on it. Last week the timing belt broke on the way home from a car show...so I have that to deal with. Ill post up some pics of it if I can figure out how.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New Member, 740 turbo brick, Jun-09-08 05:13 PM, #1
RE: New Member, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-10-08 01:57 AM, #2
      RE: New Member, Moderatorcs82685, Jun-10-08 02:49 AM, #3
           RE: New Member, 740 turbo brick, Jun-10-08 03:26 AM, #4
                RE: New Member, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-10-08 05:35 AM, #5
                     RE: New Member, Moderatorteklein, Jun-10-08 07:43 AM, #6
                          RE: New Member, 740 turbo brick, Jun-10-08 11:21 AM, #7
                               RE: New Member, 740 turbo brick, Jun-10-08 11:36 AM, #8
                               RE: New Member, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-10-08 11:44 AM, #9
                                    RE: New Member, Moderatorteklein, Jun-10-08 01:12 PM, #10
                                         RE: New Member, TeamDR1665, Jun-11-08 01:31 PM, #11
                                              RE: New Member, justins71, Jun-11-08 04:27 PM, #12
                                                   RE: New Member, 740 turbo brick, Jun-11-08 07:42 PM, #13
                                                        RE: New Member, TeamDR1665, Jun-12-08 06:39 AM, #14
                                                             RE: New Member, foggy45, Jun-12-08 06:49 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: New Member, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-12-08 06:59 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: New Member, 740 turbo brick, Jun-12-08 01:33 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: New Member, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-13-08 04:36 AM, #18

740 turbo brickJun-09-08 05:13 PM
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#471, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 0

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-10-08 01:57 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#472, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 1

you searched and found the owner? Thats awesome. Looks good, little TLC and its gonna be a sweet lookin silver eclipse.

Moderatorcs82685Jun-10-08 02:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#473, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 2
Jun-10-08 02:50 AM by cs82685

I know that name from talk. I forgot to say in your thread on there, when you posted the pic of the car broken on the flatbed, at least the tires are very shiny

Anyways, welcome to the place that actually knows these cars. The info I give on talk is the tip of the iceberg compared to what people know over here.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

740 turbo brickJun-10-08 03:26 AM
831 posts,
#474, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks guys.
A buddy of mine had a 95 RS and I liked the style of it, so I started looking for one. This car was just sitting in a parking lot I happened to drive by, doors were locked and there was mud and grass all over it. I ended up talking to like 10 people telling me they thought this person owned it last. I finally find the guy and hes like Yeah thats been there for 3 years, I used to own the store and I never picked up the car. Said he only wanted 1300 for it so I brought a battery and some spare tires and drove it home. My first time driving stick so that was interesting.

Silver is one of my favorite colors for Eclipses. Theres like 2 other silver ones around that look pretty good too. Ill have to post my conversion thread up on here somewhere, but in short I am converting to 2gb. Im painting that bumper in the pic, a new hood, and my ground effects which were a little faded.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

RoninEclipse2GJun-10-08 05:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#475, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 4

Welcome! you've come to the right place to learn about 2gnt's

740 turbo brick? I'm guessing you have or had a volvo?

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratortekleinJun-10-08 07:43 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#476, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Welcome! you've come to the right place to learn about 2gnt's 740 turbo brick? I'm guessing you have or had a volvo?

Its a great find! Get that rust taken care of on the back wheel well

Also, I think I spy a white 740 in the one pic

740 turbo brickJun-10-08 11:21 AM
831 posts,
#477, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 6

Wow, you guys are all quite astute. lol. Yes, my name refers to my first car, an 89 Volvo 740 Turbo. It is the white one in the first pic. Obviously Brick comes from the car having the aerodynamics of a tool shed. But damn, the thing would move. I had a boost controller on the factory Garrett T3 set to 15 psi. Not only is it turbo, its RWD. All my friends were like "why did you buy a Volvo?" I would tell them because its Turbocharged and does this: and launched some nasty donuts in a parking lot. It was $300 so I couldnt pass it up. I would piss off all the ricers driving civics, they would stare at me in disbelief when I shifted and the BOV released pressure. Good times. Unfortunately the seals in the turbo failed and I had to park it. I found the Eclipse and didnt bother getting a new turbo. My dad bought it from me so I guess hes gonna work on it.

Oh yea, and the rust under the rear quarter there, Im working on stopping that from spreading, then I will most likely just put the ground effects back on over it. :|

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

740 turbo brickJun-10-08 11:36 AM
831 posts,
#478, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 7

Here are just a few of the pics to get an idea of what I was running with back a year and a half ago.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

RoninEclipse2GJun-10-08 11:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#479, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 7

Putting boost controllers on those old turbo euros can be fun

if your dad needs help with parts let me know, the dealership I work for has volvo for one of the car lines.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

ModeratortekleinJun-10-08 01:12 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#480, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 9

Those pictures make me remember my 850 turbo.

God forbid I find a nice one for a good price, the Eclipse may be ownerless

TeamDR1665Jun-11-08 01:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#481, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 10

Reminds me of my current daily driver, an 86 245GL. B230F. It's going to be sold before too long. Me needy 242/244 and boost for proper rally car this summer.

justins71Jun-11-08 04:27 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#482, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 11

I see the 740 in that pic (I have a cooler off one of those somewhere...), but I also see -... military trucks?

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

740 turbo brickJun-11-08 07:42 PM
831 posts,
#485, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 12

Uh Oh....I guess it was only a matter of time...lol

Your eyes dont decieve you..
This is my backyard

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i192.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid192.photobucket.com/albums/z233/740_Turbo_Brick/random002.flv">

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

TeamDR1665Jun-12-08 06:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#486, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 13

Those Dueces are righteous. Forget the DSM. Forget the Brick. You should be driving one of those. 6WD, stump-pulling, turbocharged goodness. Yum.

foggy45Jun-12-08 06:49 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#487, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 14

that hummer shell for sale? lol
that would be a fun trail project!

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

RoninEclipse2GJun-12-08 06:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#488, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by foggy45
that hummer shell for sale? lol that would be a fun trail project!

trail project? hell I'd mount a mobile howitzer and start clearing rush hour traffic if ya know what I mean

Erik P.

740 turbo brickJun-12-08 01:33 PM
831 posts,
#491, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 16

You guys are great, I love this forum already lol. The deuces are amazingly fun to drive. I have never seen one stuck (yet) and we have taken it thru a swamp. The compressor housings on the turbos are seriously about a foot wide. The Hummer body is my dads project actually. Hes always wanted a 1g hummer, but they go for huge $$$. I guess hes parting it together. The 74 Z-28 is mine after I start putting money in to it . Im surprised no one said anything about the tank. It was used in WWII, its an amphibious track vehicle. Its missing the engine though, 16 cyl. radial aircraft engine.

To sum it up, I like DSMs, my dad likes military trucks.

186 WHP - 150 WTQ

RoninEclipse2GJun-13-08 04:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#492, "RE: New Member"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
You guys are great, I love this forum already lol.

good to hear it

remember, the search button is your greatest friend. It takes a little practice to get the kind of results you need but it will save you a ton of headache and ridicule if you do your best to find the answers yourself.

for other fun, join us in the pits! (if you want to post weird random stuff please use the daily hijack thread)

Erik P.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #470 Previous topic | Next topic