Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #348
View in linear mode

Subject: "new guy from jersey" Previous topic | Next topic
luketalon95Apr-16-08 04:14 PM
Member since Oct 10th 2007
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#348, "new guy from jersey"

whats goin on i have a 95 talon esi stock with intake and suspension mods... decided to join since apparently my car isnt a dsm to some of the other eclipse/talon owners with 4g63's on other forums so whats gooooooooooood

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: new guy from jersey, Moderatorcs82685, Apr-16-08 04:38 PM, #1
RE: new guy from jersey, luketalon95, Apr-17-08 02:36 PM, #3
      RE: new guy from jersey, Moderatorcs82685, Apr-18-08 12:50 AM, #4
           RE: new guy from jersey, luketalon95, Apr-18-08 07:50 AM, #5
                RE: new guy from jersey, Moderatorcs82685, Apr-18-08 07:56 AM, #6
                     RE: new guy from jersey, luketalon95, Apr-18-08 10:29 AM, #7
                          RE: new guy from jersey, Moderatorcs82685, Apr-19-08 01:22 AM, #8
                               RE: new guy from jersey, luketalon95, Apr-19-08 05:58 AM, #9
RE: new guy from jersey, Fallen4ng31, Apr-17-08 04:44 AM, #2

Moderatorcs82685Apr-16-08 04:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#349, "RE: new guy from jersey"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by luketalon95
whats goin on i have a 95 talon esi stock with intake and suspension mods... decided to join since apparently my car isnt a dsm to some of the other eclipse/talon owners with 4g63's on other forums so whats gooooooooooood

welcome fellow jersey member. There are quite a few 4g63 dsm'ers around who are fairly welcome to the 420a (or at least to mine) Whereabouts in jersey are you from?

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

luketalon95Apr-17-08 02:36 PM
5 posts,
#351, "RE: new guy from jersey"
In response to Reply # 1

welcome fellow jersey member. There are quite a few 4g63 dsm'ers around who are fairly welcome to the 420a (or at least to mine) Whereabouts in jersey are you from?

From 908 im on njtuners i think i recognize your sig and evslo requested i talk to you about my car since you obviously know a thing or two about boosting a 420a

Moderatorcs82685Apr-18-08 12:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#354, "RE: new guy from jersey"
In response to Reply # 3

From 908 im on njtuners i think i recognize your sig and evslo requested i talk to you about my car since you obviously know a thing or two about boosting a 420a

O ok, I am now officially in the 908 area code, I just moved to the p-burg area. Do you have the same name on njtuners it looks familiar

luketalon95Apr-18-08 07:50 AM
5 posts,
#355, "RE: new guy from jersey"
In response to Reply # 4

Yea its the same on njt... where's p-burg? Im in linden

Moderatorcs82685Apr-18-08 07:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#356, "RE: new guy from jersey"
In response to Reply # 5

Yea its the same on njt... where's p-burg? Im in linden

damn, apparently the 908 area code is huge. I'm pretty much as far out on 78 as you can go before hitting PA

luketalon95Apr-18-08 10:29 AM
5 posts,
#357, "RE: new guy from jersey"
In response to Reply # 6

Damn lol yea I didn't know it was that big either but anyways did you rebuild your engine before boosting it I have 127000 miles car still runs strong but I blew my head gasket so I have to go buy a repair manual and fix that

Moderatorcs82685Apr-19-08 01:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#358, "RE: new guy from jersey"
In response to Reply # 7

Damn lol yea I didn't know it was that big either but anyways did you rebuild your engine before boosting it I have 127000 miles car still runs strong but I blew my head gasket so I have to go buy a repair manual and fix that

I did not rebuild my engine before boosting, BUT I always had coin in the bank to rebuild or at the very least get a used running motor to drop in. When boosting these cars with a stock bottom end you have to expect them to blow, b/c eventually they all seem to. For some it's after a month and for others its after several years. I boosted mine at ~105k miles and it has about 121k now. It's been boosted for going on 3 years. I'm usually easy on it and I'm careful with it (ie always keeping an eye on my gauges)

Replacing your HG isn't too bad, I just did mine this past summer more so with the help of this site than a repair manual. I had to do mine twice due to mine own fault, but if you follow a few of the threads on here it's pretty straight forward. As a matter of fact you don't even have to buy one, there's a link floating around here in the wiki for the factory service manual.

FSM:

http://az2gnt.net/FSM/2gnt_420a_overhaul.pdf

Other helpful links for changing your HG:

http://www.2gnt.com/www/corbin/rebuild.html

http://www.geocities.com/eclipsed4evr98/Timingbeltprocedure.html

If you popped your HG, have your head checked out to make sure it is FLAT. It'll probably need to be milled down a bit.

Also where's the leak coming from, driver side rear? That's a common spot for them to leak which can be alleviated by cutting a few threads off of a stock head bolt or using studs depending on your budget.

luketalon95Apr-19-08 05:58 AM
5 posts,
#360, "RE: new guy from jersey"
In response to Reply # 8

Great thanks for all the links...well im smokin like a motha and it seems as if my engine is over heating a guy at the shop said my head gasket was gone but there's nothing in my oil so I figured ill get a new hg and o rings and try my luck at stopping the smoke...I do notice there's what looks to be a leak right above my header ill try to get a pic of it up right now im at work

Fallen4ng31Apr-17-08 04:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#350, "RE: new guy from jersey"
In response to Reply # 0

1. Don't sweat it, 4g guys are always going to hate on your 420a.
2. PUNCTUATION! I almost passed out while trying to read that aloud.
3. Welcome.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #348 Previous topic | Next topic