Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #291
View in linear mode

Subject: "Just can't not post!" Previous topic | Next topic
MoparDSMMar-13-08 03:26 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2006
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#291, "Just can't not post!"

Good morning all!

I have been reading the forums for months now and it has come down to the time where I feel like posting, so here I am.

I have had my 1999 GS for over a year now but have finally gotten tired of waiting to buy a new car for a project, and now my dining room table is becoming the home of my springtime stockpile.

The first part of owning the car was bringing it back to normal from its previous "urinal" state. Now, it is time to make it a lil' quicker.

Over the past two weeks I have compiled:

Injen shortie intake
Tokico blues
Findanza short throw
Symborski shifter kit and cable bearings

Since I'm on a bit of a budget that is probably going to be it for a few weeks.

Next few purchases to include:
Brakes - GSX
AFX UDP

Feel free to make suggestions n'such!

-Janine

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Just can't not post!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-13-08 11:01 AM, #1
RE: Just can't not post!, MoparDSM, Mar-13-08 01:25 PM, #2
      RE: Just can't not post!, goalie40, Mar-15-08 11:40 AM, #3
           RE: Just can't not post!, MoparDSM, Mar-15-08 01:31 PM, #4
                RE: Just can't not post!, goalie40, Mar-15-08 05:03 PM, #5
                RE: Just can't not post!, cc8balla, Mar-17-08 03:00 AM, #6
                     RE: Just can't not post!, MoparDSM, Mar-17-08 04:16 AM, #7

ModeratorbullettdsmMar-13-08 11:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#294, "RE: Just can't not post!"
In response to Reply # 0

I welcome you m'lady

and you know if you run into problems, I'm here...........to call Steve to help, lol.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MoparDSMMar-13-08 01:25 PM
3 posts,
#295, "RE: Just can't not post!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by bullettdsm
I welcome you m'lady and you know if you run into problems, I'm here...........to call Steve to help, lol.

You're the best!

goalie40Mar-15-08 11:40 AM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#296, "RE: Just can't not post!"
In response to Reply # 2

I already like you because you are taking care of the suspension and brakes first. Before you do the fast mods(turbo). I always tell people how in the hell will you stop or turn this beast.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

MoparDSMMar-15-08 01:31 PM
3 posts,
#298, "RE: Just can't not post!"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-15-08 01:34 PM by MoparDSM

Originally posted by goalie40
I already like you because you are taking care of the suspension and brakes first. Before you do the fast mods(turbo). I always tell people how in the hell will you stop or turn this beast.

I've done a lot of research and reading before buying anything. I came up with brakes, suspension, and shifting because they are the basics to making a great daily better by improving ride and fixing faults. Based on reading, GSX brakes seem to be the way to go, suggestions are more than welcomed on this topic.

They are also modifications that will pretty much carry over no matter what "go fast" route I plan on taking.

One step at a time, right?

Thanks for the welcome!

goalie40Mar-15-08 05:03 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#299, "RE: Just can't not post!"
In response to Reply # 4

GSX Brakes are the way to go. Look at my sig dems GSX brakes, drilled slotted rotors and Road Race SS brake lines.

Cost
GSX calipers 160 ebay
Bembro Rotors 120 Ebay Oem blanks drilled and slotted by a 3rd party If they warp or crack ill get better ones, but hell 120 Ill try them out
SS lines 130 RRE

Plus everything looks cool on the car. Its a win win.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

cc8ballaMar-17-08 03:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#300, "RE: Just can't not post!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by MoparDSM
One step at a time, right? Thanks for the welcome!

You're damn right!

Welcome to 2gnt. Glad you have finally decided to post!

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

MoparDSMMar-17-08 04:16 AM
3 posts,
#301, "RE: Just can't not post!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by cc8balla
You're damn right! Welcome to 2gnt. Glad you have finally decided to post!

Thanks!

Looks like GSX/eBay Brembo is going to be the setup of choice.

Now if payday would just hurry its ass up... lol

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #291 Previous topic | Next topic