Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #2349
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Girl want to say hello" Previous topic | Next topic
KirovrussianJan-05-14 11:18 PM
Member since Jan 05th 2014
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#2349, "New Girl want to say hello"

Hey Everyone,
My name is Sara and I am from montana. I found this site from my friends on DSM Nation Facebook page. I am apart of DSM Tuners forum and facebook page. Ive been building cars with my dad since I could walk and alot of those cars were DSMs. Right now I have a black 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. It has over 140K and was never taken care of by previous owners to the point that the radiator is bad and she over heats soo much that after a compression test I believe that the head gasket is bad and the head could be cracked, and my block warped. when I first start it there is alot of ticking like valve lifters and maby a bent piston. it quiets down after it heats up. when driven she has very little power, and smokes like crazy (burning oil and coolant. little fuel issue could be due to head gasket, after I have been driving (not when idling) I come to a stop sign or light an when I stop it acts like its starving for fuel. dies often but starts back up. Last issue I noticed is when I changed the oil I found flakes of metal in the oil telling me my bearings could be bad. my current plan is to buy a 420A from steve miller import parts at the end of the month. then buy after market radiator, alternator, and cold air intake. any questions or suggestions just message me. nice to meet you all.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Bluehaze420arsJan-06-14 08:41 AM
Member since Oct 13th 2013
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2350, "RE: New Girl want to say hello"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm sure you can find a cheaper block to rebuild then spending 6-700 bucks on one that may run. Pistons don't bend they break into pieces, now valves will bend. The 420a has a headgasket problem. You should replace it with a mls headgasket and read about how the finish has to be found the head and block has to be done right. The tick tick you hear is probably your lifters.

Jj

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Jan-09-14 05:14 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2352, "RE: New Girl want to say hello"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Bluehaze420ars
I'm sure you can find a cheaper block to rebuild then spending 6-700 bucks on one that may run. Pistons don't bend they break into pieces, now valves will bend. The 420a has a headgasket problem. You should replace it with a mls headgasket and read about how the finish has to be found the head and block has to be done right. The tick tick you hear is probably your lifters.

It does not have a head gasket problem. Plenty of 200k mile 2GNTs on OEM parts. If you are referring to the head bolt issue, that is something else.

OP, welcome to the forum. A wealth of knowledge exists here - search and read up on the main page for mods and tech info as most everything has been done and documented to these cars.

And do not put too much stock in the FaceBook 420a Group - mostly a bunch of idiots and trolls there. Altezzzzzza tailights etc.

---

2012 2500HD LML

dalesmitsuJan-12-14 09:31 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#2353, "RE: New Girl want to say hello"
In response to Reply # 2

Welcome.

You might wanna try your local pick and pull yard for an used long block. They can be bought under $ 500. Make you buy a 1997 to 1999 420a engine, for your car. 1995 and ealry 1996 420a's are different the 97 to 99.

There's a 2gnt Facebook page.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #2349 Previous topic | Next topic