Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1788
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hey, new from Tampa" Previous topic | Next topic
jdm1990Nov-10-10 07:18 PM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1788, "Hey, new from Tampa"

Hows it going guys. been surfing the site for awhile and just now decided to join. I have a 95rs which has been giving me hell since I picked her up. The car is getting closer to being done and should be back up and on the road within the next month or two. CODE4 has been helping me out alot with the car since i've made the journey into MS haha.
I bought the car as a shell with 3 holes in the block and a head that was shot. Rebuilt the motor and after 3 months the transmission went. Finally have another transmission in, new axels, and the Megasquirt just needs to be tuned. I also have alot of side projects with the car going on as well including finishing my two-tone, swapping sunroofs for a factory one, installing gauges (only need to install the fuel pressure), repaint my rims, and raise my ride hight haha.

Mod List:
short ram intake
unknown exhaust
MS1 v3.0 running full standalone
6 gauges (fuel pressure, boost/vac, oil pressure, coolant tempt, voltage, WB02)
Megan Racing front and rear strut bars
Neuspeed lowering springs
Racing Hart 17" Z5000's
EGR block off
Front dilled&slotted rotors

I also have a semi-built motor on the side with:
Crane 12's
AEM adjustables
full Crower valvetrain
Eagle rods
Weisco 8:8:1 pistons

Now what everyones curious about, pictures. Have more on request if anyone wants them lol. Photos are orded from purchase up to now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hey, new from Tampa, AdministratorCODE4, Nov-10-10 09:32 PM, #1
RE: Hey, new from Tampa, jdm1990, Nov-10-10 10:13 PM, #2
      RE: Hey, new from Tampa, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-11-10 11:40 AM, #3
           RE: Hey, new from Tampa, jdm1990, Nov-11-10 02:29 PM, #4
                RE: Hey, new from Tampa, JoshDSM, Nov-11-10 03:33 PM, #5
                     RE: Hey, new from Tampa, jdm1990, Nov-11-10 04:03 PM, #6
                          RE: Hey, new from Tampa, AdministratorCODE4, Nov-11-10 04:05 PM, #7
                               RE: Hey, new from Tampa, jdm1990, Nov-11-10 06:34 PM, #8
                                    RE: Hey, new from Tampa, 420agreenvilleSC, Nov-11-10 08:33 PM, #9
                                         RE: Hey, new from Tampa, jdm1990, Nov-11-10 09:03 PM, #10
                                              RE: Hey, new from Tampa, jdm1990, Nov-12-10 02:55 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Hey, new from Tampa, 420agreenvilleSC, Nov-12-10 05:49 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Hey, new from Tampa, jdm1990, Nov-12-10 09:12 PM, #13
RE: Hey, new from Tampa, dalesmitsu, Nov-14-10 10:48 PM, #14
RE: Hey, new from Tampa, jdm1990, Nov-15-10 10:18 PM, #15

AdministratorCODE4Nov-10-10 09:32 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1789, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome. Glad to see you got your username here.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jdm1990Nov-10-10 10:13 PM
76 posts,
#1790, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CODE4
Welcome. Glad to see you got your username here.

Thanks. I figured if i'm sticking with the MS and plan on taking it further I need to get on a forum that has people with knowledge on the issue haha

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-11-10 11:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1791, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 2

Welcome!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

jdm1990Nov-11-10 02:29 PM
76 posts,
#1792, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 3

thanks!

JoshDSMNov-11-10 03:33 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#1793, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 4

Hey john update this with the new pics from the new things you have done to the car

jdm1990Nov-11-10 04:03 PM
76 posts,
#1794, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by JoshDSM
Hey john update this with the new pics from the new things you have done to the car

Most of my pictures are/were on my computer that crashed. These were the only ones one my g/f's computer really haha. I have alot more of the rebuild, tranny swap, paint, dsm bbq's, alot haha just didnt wanna clutter the thread with a ton of pictures, thats why I said more on request haha.

AdministratorCODE4Nov-11-10 04:05 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#1795, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 6

This is your thread, clutter it up all you want John.

---

2012 2500HD LML

jdm1990Nov-11-10 06:34 PM
76 posts,
#1796, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by CODE4
This is your thread, clutter it up all you want John.

Will do then next time i'm on a computer then haha

420agreenvilleSCNov-11-10 08:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#1797, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 8

awesome intro. awesome pics. clean car. thumbs up man.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

jdm1990Nov-11-10 09:03 PM
76 posts,
#1798, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
awesome intro. awesome pics. clean car. thumbs up man.

Much appriciated! Glad to hear some people like the car haha. Tomorrow i'll put up more pictures of some progress, including some pictures of what the motor looked like when i got it. I assure that'll get some laughs haha. This car has really been a journey and it's never ran 100%, so i'm extremely excited to get it up and running with the Megasquirt. Hopefully alotof the people on here are alot like Dave and can share some input. Good or bad, I can take both. I'm always open to what people have to share.

Thanks for the welcomes tho! I'll put some more stuff up tomorrow once I can get on a computer instead of just my phone.

jdm1990Nov-12-10 02:55 PM
76 posts,
#1800, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 10

Well since i'm aloud to clutter, heres some more pictures

heres some of the spare motor I have on the side:

A couple of swapping out the transmission:

Just a couple other upgrades i've done while the car has been down:
- Swapped out my aftermarket skirts for stockers -

- Swapped rear bumpers for a 2gb -
* From *

* To *

- Added and upgraded gauges -
* 3 Autometer phantom gauges, 2 AEM digital gauges, and 1 sunpro *

- Installed factory fogs -

Will add some more of local meets later.
Hope you all enjoy what pictures I post.

420agreenvilleSCNov-12-10 05:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#1801, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 11

god i love wingless & lowered dsms. you have cams laying next to those gears in one pic above... r they stock cams?

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

jdm1990Nov-12-10 09:12 PM
76 posts,
#1803, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
god i love wingless & lowered dsms. you have cams laying next to those gears in one pic above... r they stock cams?

Thank you for the kind words haha. However, no, they are not stock cams in that picture. Those are Crane 246-246 camshafts.

dalesmitsuNov-14-10 10:48 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#1804, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-14-10 10:48 PM by dalesmitsu

Welcome clean 2g.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

jdm1990Nov-15-10 10:18 PM
76 posts,
#1805, "RE: Hey, new from Tampa"
In response to Reply # 14

thank you

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1788 Previous topic | Next topic