Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1637
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hello to all" Previous topic | Next topic
megaskillzMar-11-10 03:00 PM
Member since Oct 12th 2008
105 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1637, "Hello to all"

Hi. My name is Chris, and I am from Louisiana. I am not exactly new to the site but new to the forum. I had password issues in the past that prevented me from logging in. I am the proud owner of a 98 eclipse gs automatic. Although I love my dsm, I prefer it to be equipped with a manual transmission. Thanks to this site, I have found great information in great detail for an auto to manual transmission swap. I decided to go with a non-modular setup, and I have just about all the parts except for the clutch, flywheel, and a couple of mounts. Hopefully, by the end of the year I can complete the swap and get another set of tires and wheels. Not a big fan of the chrome wheels that are on my car now, but they were there when I purchased the car. Right now, I have basic upgrades that consist of cold air intake, exhaust, msd ignition wires, and ngk iridium plugs. I included a pic of how it looks now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hello to all, 420agreenvilleSC, Mar-11-10 04:20 PM, #1
RE: Hello to all, Fallen4ng31, Mar-11-10 05:24 PM, #2
      RE: Hello to all, 420agreenvilleSC, Mar-11-10 06:07 PM, #3
           RE: Hello to all, megaskillz, Mar-12-10 02:58 PM, #4
                RE: Hello to all, Nightfall, Mar-12-10 06:52 PM, #5
                     RE: Hello to all, megaskillz, Mar-14-10 12:16 PM, #6

420agreenvilleSCMar-11-10 04:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1639, "RE: Hello to all"
In response to Reply # 0

your rims are priceless

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fallen4ng31Mar-11-10 05:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#1640, "RE: Hello to all"
In response to Reply # 1

Welcome. I'm glad to hear you'll be ditching the wheels. They are... different. Get back to a stock front bumper and you'll be good to go. Otherwise the car looks clean.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

420agreenvilleSCMar-11-10 06:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#1641, "RE: Hello to all"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
Get back to a stock front bumper and you'll be good to go.

I guess paul's a fan of the asian noodle lettering on the windshield

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

megaskillzMar-12-10 02:58 PM
105 posts,
#1642, "RE: Hello to all"
In response to Reply # 3

Hi guys. Thanks for sharing your opinion, but this is my vision of what I want it to look like. I do not plan on putting the stock bumper on at this point. I've won numerous car show awards so far and will continue to move forward with additional upgrades. By the way, that's not asian letters on my windshield. It's the name of my car club that I represent.

NightfallMar-12-10 06:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#1643, "RE: Hello to all"
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-12-10 06:54 PM by Nightfall

What's up Chris, car looks great. I envy your red paint lol. You still got your old oem bumper and do you want to get rid of it? Also what size rims are those? Reason asking is I have a set of gunmetal 17's but the tires are worn and one rim would need replaced, which can be aquired reasonably cheap last time I checked. Maybe we could work out some kind of deal. Also got a ss header/dp taking up room in the garage too. Oh, and don't get scared if a Montero on 24's pulls up next to you at a red light and revs up LOL

...and if you need a hand with the swap shoot me a pm

megaskillzMar-14-10 12:16 PM
105 posts,
#1644, "RE: Hello to all"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Nightfall
What's up Chris, car looks great. I envy your red paint lol. You still got your old oem bumper and do you want to get rid of it? Also what size rims are those? Reason asking is I have a set of gunmetal 17's but the tires are worn and one rim would need replaced, which can be aquired reasonably cheap last time I checked. Maybe we could work out some kind of deal. Also got a ss header/dp taking up room in the garage too. Oh, and don't get scared if a Montero on 24's pulls up next to you at a red light and revs up LOL ...and if you need a hand with the swap shoot me a pm

Hey, what's up Ken? Thanks for the compliment. Actually, the rims I have now are 16's, and one of them is slightly damaged and is starting to leak air. I was looking more into getting a new set of 18's, but I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of your wheels anyway. You might convince me otherwise lol. As for the oem front bumper, I no longer have it. After I purchased the car, the very first day I took it out, some guy ran a stop sign. I ended up smashing him in the side. So, the hood and bumper were pretty much done for. That's when I got the cf hood and aftermarket bumper to give it a more aggressive look. If I need help with the swap, I'll pm you. Thanks. Oh, and I will be ready for you at the light lol

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1637 Previous topic | Next topic