Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1340
View in linear mode

Subject: "New to the forums...so to speak" Previous topic | Next topic
whtclipse98Jul-07-09 02:41 AM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
137 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1340, "New to the forums...so to speak"

Hey guys wassup. Figured that since I have been posting I better introduce myself. I'm Chris and I've been into DSMs for a while now. After hearing about this site, I checked it out and thought, hey more people who like the 420a. I haven't done much to my 98 other than lower it 2.5 inches, added 17" Concept Pro rims(soon to be 5Zigen GN+ Pro Racers), GSX Brake upgrade, rear disc swap, AEM CAI, Crane Street Cams, ported head and intake manifold, UDP, GST Exhaust(which is changing), added 2gb sideskirts but had to take them off and get them painted cause someone scratched the passenger. I think that is all I have cause I've been limping it every since I rebuilt the motor. Long story short, machine shop screwed up on the bedplate so no it leaks around where the filter is. Haven't wanted to put anything else into it until I fix that, just haven't had the money.

GST Exhaust going on

In Front of the House

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

420agreenvilleSCJul-07-09 05:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1341, "RE: New to the forums...so to speak"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-07-09 05:38 AM by 420agreenvilleSC

Originally posted by whtclipse98
Long story short, machine shop screwed up on the bedplate so no it leaks around where the filter is.

i think its a 22mm socket. remove the oil filter threading plate, reseal it with a new o-ring or use RTV. The thread where your oil filter screws onto, there's a 6 point hex that you'll need a deep socket to remove. It's tight, so you'll need an impact wrench or brute strength w/ a breaker bar. i bet that'll fix your leak.

worse comes to worse, and it still leaks, at least you tried this. If it leaks from the bed plate, well, im sorry. Fuckers probably didn't use anearobic to seal and/or didn't torque in sequence or to spec.

other than that. nice car.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

whtclipse98Jul-07-09 12:46 PM
137 posts,
#1344, "RE: New to the forums...so to speak"
In response to Reply # 1

Yup it leaks from in between the bed plate and block. They screwed up on the machine work. Anearobic sealer was used cause I assembled the block and wouldn't put it back together unless I had it. I've got another motor in the works now if I can work out a deal with the guy.

dalesmitsuJul-17-09 10:37 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#1353, "RE: New to the forums...so to speak"
In response to Reply # 2

Welcome, aboard nice 2g not bad on the white wheels looks abit like Kosie's.

whtclipse98Jul-22-09 11:42 PM
137 posts,
#1373, "RE: New to the forums...so to speak"
In response to Reply # 3

I'm gonna be changing them to the 5Zigen GN+ Pro Racers, plus once I get the new rear hatch mounted along with the turbo spoiler, fix the side skirts that the street sweeper messed up, mount the adapted 3g axle back muffler and paint the front bumper, it'll be set. I also have to fix my drive way so I can pull in and out cause I'll rip it off if I don't.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1340 Previous topic | Next topic