Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1068
View in linear mode

Subject: "Newbie" Previous topic | Next topic
silvereagleJan-22-07 10:25 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2006
8 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1068, "Newbie"
Jan-22-07 10:28 AM by silvereagle

Hi guys, I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a member of Club Dsm Canada for some time but I recently sold my 91 TSi AWD and picked up a 1998 2G non trbo from a good friend of mine.

I know many of you are wondering why I would do such a thing but sometimes it's good to change. My new beauty has only 88000 original kms doesn't have any dings, scratches or rust and is a real head turner. It's not as fast as my previous Talon but it looks a lot nicer

Here's a couple of pics.

Thank you for the space and I look forward to getting a bit more involved with this worderful board.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Newbie, knight ryda 99, Jan-22-07 10:59 AM, #1
RE: Newbie, silvereagle, Jan-22-07 11:41 AM, #2
      RE: Newbie, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-23-07 01:41 AM, #3
           RE: Newbie, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jan-23-07 02:11 AM, #4
                RE: Newbie, TeamDR1665, Jan-23-07 03:18 AM, #5
                     RE: Newbie, Moderatorcs82685, Jan-23-07 03:26 AM, #6
                          RE: Newbie, cc8balla, Jan-23-07 03:37 AM, #7
                               RE: Newbie, silvereagle, Jan-23-07 04:32 AM, #8
                                    RE: Newbie, shazow1969, Jan-23-07 08:44 AM, #9
                                         RE: Newbie, dsmmyth, Jan-23-07 10:51 AM, #10
                                              RE: Newbie, goalie40, Jan-23-07 11:58 AM, #11
                                              RE: Newbie, dsmtuner1, Jan-23-07 12:01 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Newbie, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-23-07 12:25 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Newbie, silvereagle, Jan-23-07 02:52 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Newbie, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jan-24-07 06:25 AM, #15

knight ryda 99Jan-22-07 10:59 AM
Member since Feb 08th 2005
331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1069, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome to the site, I'm loving the Cleanness of your car.

better than some... Greater than most

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

silvereagleJan-22-07 11:41 AM
8 posts,
#1070, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you for the compliment. The car was always stored inde and he was took very good care of it.

eclipse982nrRSTJan-23-07 01:41 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#1071, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 2

Clean car, get a turbo on it

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

ModeratorbullettdsmJan-23-07 02:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#1072, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 3

Welcome.
I don't question your choice. I own both and the NT is definitely my fav.

MB

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

TeamDR1665Jan-23-07 03:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#1073, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 4

Beautiful car. Welcome to the site.

Moderatorcs82685Jan-23-07 03:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#1074, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 5

Damn that's clean I love the 2g talons front. (If only the rear didn't look so weird) Welcome to the board :

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

cc8ballaJan-23-07 03:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#1075, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 6

Don't think I can say anymore about the cleanliness of your car.

I love Canada as well.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

silvereagleJan-23-07 04:32 AM
8 posts,
#1076, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 7

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I must admit that I miss the boost a bit for what I don't miss are all the problems that come with it, lol. This one is lightly modded with full greddy race exaust, headers, cold air intake and race pulley. I've been looking at getting a chip sort of like the dsm link one if you will, but I haven't had much luck. Not even sure if such a thing exists.

Even still it's pretty quick once it reaches higher rpm.

shazow1969Jan-23-07 08:44 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
#1077, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 8

People ask me why I like the 2nd gen DSM's and my only response is because they are "So Damn Sexy". And your car is a perfect example of why I say that. Very clean, very nice. Now it's time to make it have some function to go with that form. Build the engine and boost her.

By the way welcome to the site

-Kevin

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

dsmmythJan-23-07 10:51 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#1078, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 9

You car is as sweet as maple syrup.

Welcome.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

goalie40Jan-23-07 11:58 AM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#1079, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 10

nice car eh

ok I had to do it WELCOME.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

dsmtuner1Jan-23-07 12:01 PM
Member since Jul 03rd 2006
245 posts,
#1080, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 10

Man those talons look so hot with the black roof and spoiler on them. Too bad that license plate has to be there it really breaks up the clean lines

2 sets of injectors is better than 1 =)

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-23-07 12:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#1081, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by dsmtuner1
Man those talons look so hot with the black roof and spoiler on them. Too bad that license plate has to be there it really breaks up the clean lines

At least it's not right in the front like eclipse'.
Welcome aboard!

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

silvereagleJan-23-07 02:52 PM
8 posts,
#1082, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 13

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Just for kicks I decided to post a picture of my old Turbo Talon. It was a nice car but as you can see, it was a no brainer when it came time to purchase this one.

One more thing I wanted to ask. I don't want to turbo it but is there any other mods you guys might suggest? I meantion previously about a chip but I don't think they are available.

ModeratorbullettdsmJan-24-07 06:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#1083, "RE: Newbie"
In response to Reply # 14

Here you go, take your pick off my mod list;

Trans Modifications
ERT LSD
NON modular clutch set-up; working on an Audi PP and Dodge disc
Polyuerathane motor mounts (sides)
solid roll stop (front) Energy suspension filled with pl-400 (rear)

Engine Modifications
JE 10.5
Crower 2 cams
Stainless valves
.020 off head
5 angle valve job
Personal port and polish (intake and exhaust)
MLS Head gasket
Of course, full rebuild on bearing etc. (stock)
Full float wrist pins

Outside:
AF/X pulley
AF/X ECU
Jeep 60 mm TB
Personal port and polish intake
1 adj. cam gear on intake side
E-bay Ram air intake
Catch can
E-bay 4-1 header (cleaned up with grinder)
hi-flow cat
2.5 exhaust
No power steering /AC
Honda race radiator - rice a roni
Integra battery - rice a roni
Summit heat wrap

Chassis Modification
Tiens and adj KYBs (1.8 drop) in front
stock springs adj KYB in back
Upper strut bar

Interior Modifications
Remove passenger air bag; replace with modified sheetmetal gauge panel
Remove rear seat

Exterior Modifications
Remove wing
Lighten hood
18 wheels

As you can see the mods can get quite lenghty, lol. Now, there is no chip for the 420a. A couple things that are used is the AFX/ECU (only for 1997) and MSnS (Megasquirt extra). You're welcome to use E-manage and AEM EMS also, if you so want. You'll need to do some searching to see if you want to tackle that install.

This may help you start up;

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=86048&mesg_id=86048&page=

It's a good path to follow. For each item that you are interested in, you can search the site and find pro's and con's.

Gotta go,
MB

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1068 Previous topic | Next topic