Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #99072
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold" Previous topic | Next topic
ConceptIllusionsFeb-16-07 08:24 AM
Member since Sep 05th 2003
188 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99072, "Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
Feb-07-07 02:56 PM by ConceptIllusions

Ok guys i need some input here.. we want to have a tubular turbo manifold designed, now my question is do most of you guys want to see it flanged for a t3 style turbo or something that will fit a mitsu housing. Were also going to work on a down pipe for this setup so im trying to gather some imput from everyone to see which design would be better off to produce first. Maybe post some things you would like to see on the manifold such as wastegate flanges, turbo flanges/ etc . Were working with some highly experienced fabricators so the quality will be top notch unlike some other POS brand out there now...

www.cimotorsports.net

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, WickedESi, Feb-07-07 02:59 PM, #1
RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, tbone, Feb-07-07 03:10 PM, #2
      RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, totaleclipse_05, Feb-07-07 04:40 PM, #3
           RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, jack_of_trades, Feb-07-07 07:11 PM, #4
                RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-08-07 09:26 AM, #5
                     RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, Moderatorxcasbonx, Feb-08-07 10:52 AM, #6
                          RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, totaleclipse_05, Feb-08-07 11:17 AM, #7
                               RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, VelocitaPaola, Feb-08-07 11:56 AM, #8
                               RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-08-07 12:07 PM, #9
                                    RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, totaleclipse_05, Feb-08-07 12:15 PM, #10
                                         RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, Moderatorcs82685, Feb-08-07 01:13 PM, #11
                                              RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-08-07 02:20 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, xceler8, Feb-10-07 03:40 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, ConceptIllusions, Feb-10-07 09:01 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, donnyb373, Feb-10-07 10:03 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, Moderatorxcasbonx, Feb-14-07 03:48 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, boosted60trimrst, Feb-14-07 10:06 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, RfOeCnKdOeNr, Feb-16-07 06:32 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-16-07 06:50 AM, #19
                                                                                 RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, Teamdougie2, Feb-16-07 08:24 AM, #20
                                                                                      RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-16-07 09:39 AM, #21

WickedESiFeb-07-07 02:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99073, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 0

That's really great! Personally I would like to see a mitsu (t2) flange on there, but I'm certain the majority is going to want a t3 flange.

Maybe you can produce 4 different ones? the 2 common flanges, then each offered with or without an external wastegate flange.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

tboneFeb-07-07 03:10 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2006
103 posts,
#99074, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 1

I agree 100%

98 RS 5spd.

totaleclipse_05Feb-07-07 04:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#99075, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 2

Definitely a T3 flange as 80% I would say of us would use a T3 style turbo. I would say most people use 35-38 mm external wastegates so that could be an option as well.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

jack_of_tradesFeb-07-07 07:11 PM
Member since Oct 30th 2005
217 posts,
#99076, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 3

A lot of my firends have T25/T28 style turbo's. You could have the standard be the T3 flange and maybe offer the less common flanges for a small fee increase? Say, 20 bucks or so? Most people would understand that there would be a waiting period if they needed a less common flange installed instead of one sitting on the shelf already.

I'd just offer a wastegate blockoff kit for those who wouldn't need one. Most people WANT to go with an external wastegate setup down the road anyways so they'd like the possibility to be there in the future.

Jamie-
-AUTOMATIC turbo'd 95 Talon ESI@8psi (stock internals)14.0sec=1/4 mile

-2003 Mitsubishi Evo VIII

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-08-07 09:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#99077, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 4

T3 flange, external gate.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-08-07 10:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#99078, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by DarkOne
T3 flange, external gate.

Thats what I was thinking. My opinion, a stainless tubular manifold is more on the "high-end performance" (extremely general, i know i know) side of things in our field. You need to ask yourself why a tubular manifold is an upgrade compared to a standard log style manifold. If you're going to go with a tubular manifold why would you want to run an internally gated turbo? I just see a greater flow/power potential with the tubular/external wastegate combo than having to fab a blocked off manifold for the people who want to run internally gated turbos. Chances are if you're one of the guys wanting to make big power, you already are running an externally gated setup.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

totaleclipse_05Feb-08-07 11:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#99079, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by xcasbonx
Originally posted by DarkOne T3 flange, external gate.
Thats what I was thinking. My opinion, a stainless tubular manifold is more on the "high-end performance" (extremely general, i know i know) side of things in our field. You need to ask yourself why a tubular manifold is an upgrade compared to a standard log style manifold. If you're going to go with a tubular manifold why would you want to run an internally gated turbo? I just see a greater flow/power potential with the tubular/external wastegate combo than having to fab a blocked off manifold for the people who want to run internally gated turbos. Chances are if you're one of the guys wanting to make big power, you already are running an externally gated setup. http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

People might want them as they would have a more "performance look" compared to a regular log manifold also. Just like a header is to a regular exhaust manifold, it just looks better overall.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

VelocitaPaolaFeb-08-07 11:56 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#99080, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 7
Feb-08-07 11:56 AM by VelocitaPaola

Not to start an off-topic argument, but headers do provide performance gains over stock manifolds...

I've got to agree with Dino, xcasbonx and jack of trades on this one... A T3 flange would probably be more marketable since most of us who actually require a tubular manifold are using turbos much more capable than most Mitsu flanged turbos.

Furthermore, there's no need to make two different manifolds, just include a block off kit for a 38mm style flange.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-08-07 12:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#99081, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
People might want them as they would have a more "performance look" compared to a regular log manifold also. Just like a header is to a regular exhaust manifold, it just looks better overall.

Then they can buy one off ebay. Also, if its chromed, i don't want it. Plain stainless finish, please.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

totaleclipse_05Feb-08-07 12:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#99082, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by VelocitaPaola
Not to start an off-topic argument, but headers do provide performance gains over stock manifolds...

I didn't mean it as they are a looks only deal with no performance aspect to them. I know they provide gains over the stock manifold. I was just saying that people like the look of a header over stock exhaust manifold because it's not a cast piece like a stock mani is. Headers are cleanly (most of the time) welded with nice shiny pipes.

Originally posted by DarkOne
Then they can buy one off ebay. Also, if its chromed, i don't want it. Plain stainless finish, please.

I wouldn't really care what it looked like as long as the fitment was good and no removing of stock components (A/C, etc) was needed to bolt up.

Mike D

Moderatorcs82685Feb-08-07 01:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#99083, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 10

I'm gonna agree with everyone else hear. T3 w/external gate. Hell you guys could probably buy the half finished one in the FS section and save yourselves some time with design

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

eclipse982nrRSTFeb-08-07 02:20 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#99088, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by cs82685
I'm gonna agree with everyone else hear. T3 w/external gate. Hell you guys could probably buy the half finished one in the FS section and save yourselves some time with design

indeed

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

xceler8Feb-10-07 03:40 PM
Member since Jun 03rd 2005
269 posts,
#99121, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 12

yeah that would be a great place to start, but you may wanna check the design, workmanship might be in question.... (he hee Mike!)

I put a vot in for a ceramic coating or compatible high heat coat on the mani.

t3 with external

Fully Built MS powered 99' GS Sport, Garrett T3/T04e 60 trim with one big ass intercooler!

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

ConceptIllusionsFeb-10-07 09:01 PM
Member since Sep 05th 2003
188 posts,
#99123, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 13
Feb-10-07 09:02 PM by ConceptIllusions

Thanks for the feedback! I was leaning more or less towards a t3 flanged manifold w/ 38mm gate to start with, im sure we could adapt the outlet flange over to misu housings.. well be starting the initial designs here this month so ill keep everyone posted on the progress and try and get some pictures up as it happens,, ill also try and get some pricing figured out, seeing this may not be a cheap as we would like it to be since it will be made from stainless. We could try a mild steel setup also but i dont think it would holdup very well.. more feedback is welcome

www.cimotorsports.net

donnyb373Feb-10-07 10:03 PM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
#99124, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 14

i dont think price is goin to be too much of a big deal, as long as the thing is a great peice that wont crack or fall apart and still looks good, it will sell like hot cakes

ModeratorxcasbonxFeb-14-07 03:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#99174, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by donnyb373
i dont think price is goin to be too much of a big deal, as long as the thing is a great peice that wont crack or fall apart and still looks good, it will sell like hot cakes

Exactly. If the quality of the product is tested and assured, people will pay the price for a proven product.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

boosted60trimrstFeb-14-07 10:06 AM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#99175, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 16

t3 flange / with 38mm wastegate and dump tube welded into the down pipe then ceramic coated . that would be nice .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

RfOeCnKdOeNrFeb-16-07 06:32 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2006
259 posts,
#99196, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by donnyb373 i dont think price is goin to be too much of a big deal, as long as the thing is a great peice that wont crack or fall apart and still looks good, it will sell like hot cakes
Exactly. If the quality of the product is tested and assured, people will pay the price for a proven product. http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

I agree, if there is proven assurance that it works and works well I think that it would sell in this community a great deal! Especially since there are not many options for us but customizing.

eclipse982nrRSTFeb-16-07 06:50 AM
6314 posts,
#99197, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by RfOeCnKdOeNr
Originally posted by donnyb373 i dont think price is goin to be too much of a big deal, as long as the thing is a great peice that wont crack or fall apart and still looks good, it will sell like hot cakes
Exactly. If the quality of the product is tested and assured, people will pay the price for a proven product. http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185
I agree, if there is proven assurance that it works and works well I think that it would sell in this community a great deal! Especially since there are not many options for us but customizing.

This is where Mike comes into play

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Teamdougie2Feb-16-07 08:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#99201, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 19
Feb-16-07 08:25 AM by dougie2

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
This is where Mike comes into play

...and what exactly do you think you're going to do?

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

eclipse982nrRSTFeb-16-07 09:39 AM
6314 posts,
#99202, "RE: Tubular Stainless Steel 420a Turbo Manifold"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by dougie2
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST This is where Mike comes into play
...and what exactly do you think you're going to do?

I have 2 new designed manifolds that are in the production and will be getting TIG welded within the next 2-3 weeks.

My manifolds are guranteed to fit since I test fit them on my motor to begin with, and you will know whats all involved in putting one on. Meaning, if you have to remove your stock fans or not, the clearance between the thermo housing and starter and all that good stuff. Its not like the OBX that was made for another car, but it just looks cool so someone buys it.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #99072 Previous topic | Next topic