Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #980
View in linear mode

Subject: "It's doing it again..." Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-16-01 04:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#980, "It's doing it again..."

I can actually build boost now, which is an improvement over the way it was, but i swear that fuel pump is leaking again. It's definately NOT a direct bolt on, and since the only thing that keeps it sealed are the two hose clamps holding it in place, i can easily see how the 120+psi of fuel pressure i may or may not have hit at 15PSI could have moved the pump. Right after i reinstalled the o-ring, the pump was DEAD SiLENT. No sound, no whine, just nice quiet flow. Slowly the sound has returned, and so have my problems. Sputtering under boost, loss of power, popping noises. i need a better way to mount that sucker than pushing it into the fuel line and hose clamping it down and hoping is seals. The stock pump had a bracket that anchored it top and bottom, that sucker wouldn't move. The walbro won't fit the stock bracket. Help!

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: It's doing it again..., 97_Rs_R, Jan-16-01 06:20 AM, #1
RE: It's doing it again..., 95ESi, Jan-16-01 07:45 AM, #2
RE: It's doing it again..., 95ESi, Jan-16-01 07:48 AM, #3
RE: It's doing it again..., MWC, Jan-16-01 08:14 AM, #4
      RE: It's doing it again..., 95ESi, Jan-16-01 08:32 AM, #5
      What part # walbro you have, MWC ?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-16-01 08:45 AM, #6
           RE: What part # walbro you have, MWC ?, Phat99Eclipse, Jan-16-01 01:08 PM, #7
                RE: What part # walbro you have, MWC ?, 95ESi, Jan-17-01 04:37 AM, #8
                     RE: What part # walbro you have, MWC ?, Phat99Eclipse, Jan-17-01 12:14 PM, #9
                          RE: What part # walbro you have, MWC ?, 95ESi, Jan-17-01 08:18 PM, #10

97_Rs_RJan-16-01 06:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
65 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#981, "RE: It's doing it again..."
In response to Reply # 0

make one for it hehehe j/p i dont know what it looks like so cant give advise sorry could make one out of a peice of sheat metal

"Do u have The Need For Speed?"
Christopher Skaggs
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Rs-R
yaroze_x@hotmail.com
ICQ# 98288840
aol# YarozeX

Mod's
Custom intake w/ K&N Filter Charger
NGK Bk-11 spark plugs
8.0mm Plug wires
2 12" Cerwin Vega Subs in a bandpass box
2 6 1/2 Alpine Speekers
Pioneer head unit
Painted dash trim
Carbon fiber bezel
Removed trunk interior
Clear marker lights
Xenon low beam bulbs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95ESiJan-16-01 07:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#982, "RE: It's doing it again..."
In response to Reply # 0

The pump didn't whine when it was "sealed properly" ???????

Hmmm, if so, then it's worth looking into finding a way to mount that thing.....

l e o n

95ESiJan-16-01 07:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#983, "RE: It's doing it again..."
In response to Reply # 0

jb weld?

l e o n

MWCJan-16-01 08:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#984, "RE: It's doing it again..."
In response to Reply # 3

Bro I dont know about your sitch, but my Walbro fit perfect into the factory braket, and it whinned from day one and has not stopped. I now am used to it.
SEE YA!!!!!!!MWC

95ESiJan-16-01 08:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#985, "RE: It's doing it again..."
In response to Reply # 4

Which walbro did you get?

l e o n

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-16-01 08:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#986, "What part # walbro you have, MWC ?"
In response to Reply # 4

LAST EDITED ON 16-Jan-01 AT 01:46 PM (PST)

I'm not sure which one mine is. I've been meaning to pull the instructions and check. It sure as shit didn't fit in the stock bracket, we tried and tried... Just ended up unbolting the lower half of the bracket and hose clamping the pump onto the remaining half bracket. i don't think it's properly secured and this is causing my problem.

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Phat99EclipseJan-16-01 01:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
203 posts,
#987, "RE: What part # walbro you have, MWC ?"
In response to Reply # 6

When I installed my pump, we took the factory pump mounting bracket and ground out the center until it fit on like it was made for it. Do you still have the bracket that you removed to get the stock pump out? If so, consider this route as it worked good for mine. BTW, I posted it and received a very numerous posts confirming that the new name for the Walbro should be "Whine-Bro"... so the pumps should be making noise...

Good luck and if you the the part number that you have, maybe we can confirm that you have the right one...mine came with a wiring harness for the Ford Mustang... dunno if that helps...

Don

'99 GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2, CFDF Clutch
Greddy Manual Boost Controller
Greddy BOV and EVO Exhaust
Greddy TT and shift knob
B&M Edge Short Shifter
Eibach Sportlines with Tokiko Blues

'99 Eclipse GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2
Greddy EVO Exhuast
AEM Big Brakes
Greddy Type S BOV
Pioneer DEH-P7200
Bazooka EL1500 running 2 MTX 10" Subs
Fosgate Separates throughout

95ESiJan-17-01 04:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#988, "RE: What part # walbro you have, MWC ?"
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah, I got the same one too (one for mustang) I think it was GS205 or something..

What did you use to ground up the bracket?

I considered doing that but didn't have the right tool....

l e o n

Phat99EclipseJan-17-01 12:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
203 posts,
#989, "RE: What part # walbro you have, MWC ?"
In response to Reply # 8

Used a pneumatic drill and a round metal grinding wheel... Took alot of grind and test to get it just right, but definitely worth the extra work, especially for the peace of mind knowing the pump isn't holding on for dear life at the clamped on hoses...

DoN

'99 GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2, CFDF Clutch
Greddy Manual Boost Controller
Greddy BOV and EVO Exhaust
Greddy TT and shift knob
B&M Edge Short Shifter
Eibach Sportlines with Tokiko Blues

'99 Eclipse GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2
Greddy EVO Exhuast
AEM Big Brakes
Greddy Type S BOV
Pioneer DEH-P7200
Bazooka EL1500 running 2 MTX 10" Subs
Fosgate Separates throughout

95ESiJan-17-01 08:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#990, "RE: What part # walbro you have, MWC ?"
In response to Reply # 9

What the heck is a pneumatic drill?

Would a dremel with a cutting tool (not those cutting wheels) do the trick?

l e o n

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #980 Previous topic | Next topic