Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #964
View in linear mode

Subject: "Cams + Turbo = ?" Previous topic | Next topic
DSM StreetZealJan-15-01 05:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
18 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#964, "Cams + Turbo = ?"

I'm wondering, after reading other posts, how Gude cams and a turbo kit would interact. Good? Bad? What the hell is going to happen? I'd really like to have a quick car without the boost. Let me know what you guys think and know.

Thanx
Isaac

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamStan2gntJan-16-01 01:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#965, "RE: Cams + Turbo = ?"
In response to Reply # 0

I cant verify my source for this but all I've heard is that most aggressive NA cams are too aggressive for turbo applications and makes it difficult for a turbo engine to maintain boost at high rpm.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSM StreetZealJan-16-01 05:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
18 posts,
#966, "RE: Cams + Turbo = ?"
In response to Reply # 1

can anyone else verify this???, I'd really really really love to know what to do with these cams.
THanx,
Isaac

TeamMuRiXJan-17-01 01:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#967, "RE: Cams + Turbo = ?"
In response to Reply # 2

I do not know all the effects good/bad, but I can tell you that I do know one person who is using the gude package with his Stage II HRC setup - Joe A. went from using the gude package to the turbo and I assume he left those cams in place. he might be a good person to speak with. I also know he has been running 12psi on his setup using a thicker head gasket to lower the compression.

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage II
And a whole lot of other mods...
89 Accord LSi - yes it's mine
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

TeamStan2gntJan-17-01 02:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#968, "RE: Cams + Turbo = ?"
In response to Reply # 2

Sell them to me and you can have these nice stock cams in the pic while you make up your mind hehe.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

oRACLe063Jan-18-01 04:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#969, "RE: Cams + Turbo = ?"
In response to Reply # 4

...arent our stock cams cute

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #964 Previous topic | Next topic