Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #947
View in linear mode

Subject: "what kind of boost can i run with this............" Previous topic | Next topic
manekJan-15-01 03:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#947, "what kind of boost can i run with this............"

i'm going to go ahead a build the internals while my engine is being built......what kind of boost can i run with this set-up:

STOCK star II fuel setup
JE pistons w/rings
Crower connecting rods
S-AFC

what is the max boost i can run with this set-up? what kind of fuel upgrades would be needed to raise the boost even more (injectors, etc....)?

anthony....boost withdrawls are a bitch!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJasonESi_TJan-15-01 03:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#948, "RE: what kind of boost can i run with this............"
In response to Reply # 0

You still need enough fuel with that setup to achieve a safe stioch mixutre at boost. That means bigger injectors. As much as the upgraded internals will allow your engine to "withstand more" heat and "avoid more" detonation, you'll still be taking chances if you don't have enough fuel.

IT apears the last thing you need to run boost higher than 10-12 psi or so will be some bigger injectors. The S-AFC will allow you to run the bigger injectors without freaking out the car at idle and below boost, but alone without injectors, it won't do much in the way of gaining MORE fuel that is needed to absorb the fuel demands at higher boost. Try and get some 440cc's and up to really jack the boost up in the 15-16 psi+ area...

Still, take each step cautiously and watch your EGT temps and A/F meter.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #947 Previous topic | Next topic