Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #88507
View in threaded mode

Subject: "vac switch" Previous topic | Next topic
youkickedmydogAug-06-05 05:43 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2004
290 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#88507, "vac switch"

Got a little odd of a question, does anyone know where I can get a electrical switch that I could hook to a vac source so once I hit 1 psi the switch would flip on and after I exit boost the switch would turn off. I fuigered that I could probally make one... some how. But I am lazy and was just curious to know if anyone herd of such a monster.

Originally posted by oRACLe063
that not just any aluminum foil son !!! that reynolds wrap..lol its like the greddy of the aluminum foil world

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
baxsomAug-06-05 10:33 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2004
758 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#88511, "RE: vac switch"
In response to Reply # 0

i may be mistaking but that sounds a lot like the boost switch that turns on my water injector

when i hit a preset level of boost (changable on the switch itself)
it turns on the relay which powers my pump

i got it from the cooling mist webpage
hope this helps

i am 4000 miles away from my car or i would go look at it for you

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

youkickedmydogAug-07-05 02:48 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2004
290 posts,
#88512, "RE: vac switch"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks a bunch.

Originally posted by oRACLe063
that not just any aluminum foil son !!! that reynolds wrap..lol its like the greddy of the aluminum foil world

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-07-05 10:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#88537, "RE: vac switch"
In response to Reply # 0

Look for a "Hobbs Switch".

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ajcfalconAug-08-05 03:47 AM
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
1104 posts,
#88538, "RE: vac switch"
In response to Reply # 3

What do you want the switch to do?

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #88507 Previous topic | Next topic