Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #883
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas" Previous topic | Next topic
MWCJan-12-01 03:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#883, "Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"

I just finished running all my upper and lower I/C piping today. I used the pipes the HRC kit came with and bought some manderal bends from JEGs and ran from the side mount location to the FMIC. I had to do some cutting and need to know do I flush the I/C and pipes out to insure there are no metel flakes in either of them?.
The install went sweet! If you look at it it looks just like the 4G63 set up only on the right side. Upper I/C pipe goes under the fuse box and wraps around the bottom of the drivers headlight and throuhgthe bumper braket into the top of the I/C. The bottom I/C pipe goes from the bottom of the I/C and u bends under the top one and goes up to the turbo out let.
Thanks for the ideas!
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!MWC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, 95ESi, Jan-12-01 04:42 AM, #1
RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, MWC, Jan-12-01 02:38 PM, #5
RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, fastdsm, Jan-12-01 05:30 AM, #2
RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, TeamWyatt, Jan-12-01 07:18 AM, #3
      RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, MWC, Jan-12-01 07:52 AM, #4
           RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, silvergs T, Jan-15-01 12:20 PM, #6
                RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, MWC, Jan-15-01 02:11 PM, #7
                     RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, silvergs T, Jan-16-01 04:31 AM, #8
                          RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, MWC, Jan-16-01 06:23 AM, #9
                               RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, MWC, Jan-16-01 06:50 AM, #10
                               RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, silvergs T, Jan-16-01 06:52 AM, #11
                                    RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, MWC, Jan-16-01 08:08 AM, #12
                                    RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, MWC, Jan-16-01 08:09 AM, #13
                                         RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, TeamJasonESi_T, Jan-16-01 09:52 AM, #14
                                              RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, MWC, Jan-16-01 10:07 AM, #15
                                                   RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, MWC, Jan-16-01 10:11 AM, #16
                                                        RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas, jZa, Jan-16-01 12:09 PM, #17

95ESiJan-12-01 04:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#884, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 0

What parts #'s for the mandrel bent pipes did you get from jegs?

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MWCJan-12-01 02:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#885, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 1

Part #289-42321 OD: 2-1/4''
Radius: 3-1/2''
Leg A: 6''
Leg B: 15'' Part #289-42394 OD: 2-1/4''
Radius: 6''
Leg A: 12''
Leg B: 12''
I ordered two of each of these items and only used one of each for the set up cause I had the upper and lower I/C piping the stage 2 HRC came with. I have pics of the install if you can tell me how to post then I will.
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!MWC
P.S road race eng has all the silicone couplings you need as well.

fastdsmJan-12-01 05:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
#886, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 0

Try taking some shop rags and dipping them in any type of NON-FLAMMABLE solvent, then wad them up so that you have to kinda force them through the IC pipes. I've heard of people using gasoline to clean their intercoolers but I don't know about that one. After doing that a few times, rinse them with water to remove any residue and that should take care of it.

TeamWyattJan-12-01 07:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#887, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 2

yeah, Gas will work, any type of solvent. i used rubbign alcohol and it worked pretty good. It also dries up quick
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

MWCJan-12-01 07:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#888, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 3

I am guessing the same for the FMIC? just run some solvant through it and rinse out and let dry?
Thanks guy's
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!MWC

silvergs TJan-15-01 12:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
16 posts,
#889, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 4

What type of FMIC is it? As far as brand.

MWCJan-15-01 02:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#890, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 6

I have a modded Starion for now.
SEE YA!!!!!!!MWC

silvergs TJan-16-01 04:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
16 posts,
#891, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 7

How is the starion intercooler? Does it flow pretty good and does it keep the air pretty cool?

MWCJan-16-01 06:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#892, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 8

Many turbo upgraders use the Starion cause it flows well and is good for up to the neiborhood of 400 hp. The cost of one is fairly cheap, I paid $50, plus an additional $60 to have it modded for our application.
SEE YA!!!!!!!!MWC

MWCJan-16-01 06:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#893, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 9

silvergs TJan-16-01 06:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
16 posts,
#894, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 9

Hey bro, where did you get the intercooler at? Every one I see on the trader or people selling them is like for 115+. I have the HRC stage 1 and I want to upgrade to the stage 2 with the starion FMIC. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!

MWCJan-16-01 08:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#895, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 11

It took me three months before I got hooked up on this deal They are out there but you just have to be patient. If it is somthing you need soon expect tp pay around $100-150 on the internet. E-bay usaly has 1 or 2 for auction every few days, so you might want to keep an eye out there as well. I will say if you spend too much for it, it will end up not being a good deal. I would say the most I would spend would be $100 for one in great shape. That will give you a IC for around $140-$160 after the modding gets done.
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!MWC

MWCJan-16-01 08:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#896, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 11

It took me three months before I got hooked up on this deal They are out there but you just have to be patient. If it is somthing you need soon expect to pay around $100-150 on the internet. E-bay usealy has 1 or 2 for auction every few days, so you might want to keep an eye out there as well. I will say if you spend too much for it, it will end up not being a good deal. I would say the most I would spend would be $100 for one in great shape. That will give you a IC for around $140-$160 after the modding gets done.
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!MWC

TeamJasonESi_TJan-16-01 09:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#897, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 13

Looks great MWC!

So did you cut and weld yourself or get someone else to do it?

Also, did you paint the piping iwht a high temp color?? (Which?)

Please post some more pictures man! I'm really impressed!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

MWCJan-16-01 10:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#898, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 14

I am trying to start building a web site, but its just not my thing. All this computer stuff is new to me.
I am right as I type downloading the Homestaed stie builder program, so I can tackel this task. I have more pics, and would be more than happy to send them to you and any one else interested. I used the upper and lower I/C pipes that came with the HRC stage 2, but went with the FMIC so I used some u bends from Jegs and added (re directed) from the side mount location to the front. I plan on thermo wrapping the UIP and lower ICpipe but leave the rest without paint or anything.
Thanks
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!MWC

MWCJan-16-01 10:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#899, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 15

No welding just Silicone couplings and reducers from 2" 1/4 to 2"( inlet and outlet on FMIC)

jZaJan-16-01 12:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#900, "RE: Ran all my I/C piuping today. need some ideas"
In response to Reply # 16

LAST EDITED ON 16-Jan-01 AT 05:10 PM (PST)

NICE
a basic website is pretty easy, just point and click using nutscrape "page composer" (under COMMUNICATOR tab) or if you got the windoze cd just go to control panel, add/remove, internet utilities, and install frontpage express.
then you'll prolly need to upload it so you might want ftp, not sure if thats the way it works, since thats free stuff and my webpage is w/ school
lmk if you get stuck

javi d
vroom n' boom
bone-stock dsm performance

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #883 Previous topic | Next topic