Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #79782
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My Turbo Plans. Info appreciated." 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
BlizareNov-29-04 05:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79782, "My Turbo Plans. Info appreciated."
Nov-29-04 06:02 PM by Blizare

Okay the scoop is......I'm not gonna get into this thing for a lot. But I need boost. I have a sponsor who is willing to give me 1000-1200 for whatever I want.

Now, I will still have a stock bottom end. But once it's pulled and if the pistons and rods look good, we're just gonna hone the cylinder walls and re-ring the pistons.

If the piston and/or rods don't look to hot (only 90K miles) then my dad can get a full set of stockers w/ rods for $500 (compared to almost 1000 700 eagles and 150 rings)

I've got 150 across the board because of shitty rings (leakdown). My car is parked at the shop as of this coming weekend. So we're gonna start soon. I should have my sponsor check in the bank next week also.

Now the turbo part.

what do i do? I've searched tons.

With stock internals i'm thinking 5,6,7,8 psi?????

so do i go with a smaller quick 14b or T25 or a larger T3

Whats the diff between alains t3 and a 14b mani? just the flange?

I can get alain's last mani with a T3 flange or something else? i'm so confused.

What kind of BOV? there's so many? Will venting to the atmosphere cause my car to run shitty/rich at idle? Do I need an S-AFC?

I'm thinking fuel system, 370cc with S-FMU. Simple. no Megasquirt yet.

i'm looking at a wideband and I have a Brand NEW Snap-On SOLUS scanner at the shop for tuning.

Exhaust will be handled at a custom shop in town. Do i go 2.5" or 3"?

Overall my goal is nothing crazy. I want this car to maybe roll 200+ horsepower and be sexy at the same time. The car is going to be painted and interior stripped and redone for a full summer consisting of 22 car shows.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
ArkNov-29-04 05:54 PM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#79783, "RE: My Turbo Plans. Info appreciated."
In response to Reply # 0

Email me...we have MUCH to discuss.

uberingram@azsrt-4.com

forums.kaptainmyke.com/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=8
- AGP CAI
- AGP EVM
- MOPAR Stage 1 ECU
- 500cc Injectors

And he wonders why he couldn't make her happy...and someone obviously hasnt moved on. lol

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlizareNov-29-04 05:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#79785, "RE: My Turbo Plans. Info appreciated."
In response to Reply # 1

okay done.

it sounds like i'm in trouble

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

optimuspetersonNov-29-04 05:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#79786, "RE: My Turbo Plans. Info appreciated."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Blizare
Okay the scoop is......I'm not gonna get into this thing for a lot. But I need boost. I have a sponsor who is willing to give me 1000-1200 for whatever I want. Now, I will still have a stock bottom end. But once it's pulled and if the pistons and rods look good, we're just gonna hone the cylinder walls and re-ring the pistons. If the piston and/or rods don't look to hot (only 90K miles) then my dad can get a full set of stockers w/ rods for $500 (compared to almost 1000 700 eagles and 150 rings) I've got 150 across the board because of shitty rings (leakdown). My car is parked at the shop as of this coming weekend. So we're gonna start soon. I should have my sponsor check in the bank next week also. Now the turbo part. what do i do? I've searched tons. With stock internals i'm thinking 5,6,7,8 psi????? so do i go with a smaller quick 14b or T25 or a larger T3 or 16G? Whats the diff between alains t3 and a 14b mani? just the flange? I can get alain's last mani with a T3 flange or something else? i'm so confused. What kind of BOV? there's so many? Will venting to the atmosphere cause my car to run shitty/rich at idle? Do I need an S-AFC? I'm thinking fuel system, 370cc with S-FMU. Simple. no Megasquirt yet. i'm looking at a wideband and I have a Brand NEW Snap-On SOLUS scanner at the shop for tuning. Exhaust will be handled at a custom shop in town. Do i go 2.5" or 3"? Overall my goal is nothing crazy. I want this car to maybe roll 200+ horsepower and be sexy at the same time. The car is going to be painted and interior stripped and redone for a full summer consisting of 22 car shows.

WOW, there is a lot here. Well i'll start off by saying you should be able to run 7psi fine on a stock bottom end. Bubt if you are to rebuild then why not beef it up and be positive. 200+ horsepower should be easy with just 7psi and some supporting mods like exhaust, etc. You can vent to the atmosphere fine because you dont have MAF looking for the extra air to be pushed back into the intake. I would just get a used kit because if you have never done it before its a pain in the ass. I have had both so i know. Get a used stage 2 for 2k, a built bottem end (since you are doining it already), 440's, SFMU, SAFC, and supporting mods and you should be able to run 15psi daily no problem. That was my plan and pretty much my setup but i never got the fuel injectors in. Other wise some 30lb injectors (don't know the cc) and a stock bottom end with 7 psi should be fine to get 200 horses.

In other words get a kit and have much less headaches than trying to make your own, fabricating your own downpipes, and IC pipes.

I'm sure i left something out so forgive me.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

97whitESiNov-29-04 05:59 PM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
1334 posts,
#79787, "RE: My Turbo Plans. Info appreciated."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Blizare
Okay the scoop is......I'm not gonna get into this thing for a lot. But I need boost. I have a sponsor who is willing to give me 1000-1200 for whatever I want. Now, I will still have a stock bottom end. But once it's pulled and if the pistons and rods look good, we're just gonna hone the cylinder walls and re-ring the pistons. If the piston and/or rods don't look to hot (only 90K miles) then my dad can get a full set of stockers w/ rods for $500 (compared to almost 1000 700 eagles and 150 rings) I've got 150 across the board because of shitty rings (leakdown). My car is parked at the shop as of this coming weekend. So we're gonna start soon. I should have my sponsor check in the bank next week also. Now the turbo part. what do i do? I've searched tons. With stock internals i'm thinking 5,6,7,8 psi????? so do i go with a smaller quick 14b or T25 or a larger T3 or 16G? Whats the diff between alains t3 and a 14b mani? just the flange? I can get alain's last mani with a T3 flange or something else? i'm so confused. What kind of BOV? there's so many? Will venting to the atmosphere cause my car to run shitty/rich at idle? Do I need an S-AFC? I'm thinking fuel system, 370cc with S-FMU. Simple. no Megasquirt yet. i'm looking at a wideband and I have a Brand NEW Snap-On SOLUS scanner at the shop for tuning. Exhaust will be handled at a custom shop in town. Do i go 2.5" or 3"? Overall my goal is nothing crazy. I want this car to maybe roll 200+ horsepower and be sexy at the same time. The car is going to be painted and interior stripped and redone for a full summer consisting of 22 car shows.

I noticed you lack any mention of intercooling?
venting to atmosphere wont do shit to our cars, they use a MAP not a MAF
no you dont need an S-AFC

btw: BUY MAXIMUM BOOST.

2005 Legacy GT Ltd, Garnet Red Pearl
speak softly and spool a big turbo

ModeratorDR1665v2Nov-29-04 06:10 PM
Member since Sep 07th 2004
1223 posts,
#79788, "RE: My Turbo Plans. Info appreciated."
In response to Reply # 4

And you can get a mani from Alain better than we can, since you're both up there in Canukistania.

"By three methods we may learn wisdom:
First, by reflection, which is noblest;
Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
- Confucius

optimuspetersonNov-29-04 06:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#79789, "RE: My Turbo Plans. Info appreciated."
In response to Reply # 4
Nov-29-04 06:32 PM by optimuspeterson

If you use any injectors besides the stock ones then a SAFC is pretty much a must when tuning otherwise there would be no point in upgrading if you aren't going to bother tuning your car.

EDIT: I edit the first part of my message thinking he was quoting me, woops.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

420a-TnthewerksNov-29-04 06:12 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#79790, "RE: My Turbo Plans. Info appreciated."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by optimuspeterson
intercooler is implied when i said by a kit. ie. when i said fabing intercooler pipes. If you use any injectors besides the stock ones then a SAFC is pretty much a must when tuning otherwise there would be no point in upgrading if you aren't going to bother tuning your car. and yes i ment MAP

he didn't quote you...

ArkNov-29-04 06:29 PM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
#79791, "RE: My Turbo Plans. Info appreciated."
In response to Reply # 7

You have a long email from me mang.

forums.kaptainmyke.com/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=8
- AGP CAI
- AGP EVM
- MOPAR Stage 1 ECU
- 500cc Injectors

And he wonders why he couldn't make her happy...and someone obviously hasnt moved on. lol

AggressionNov-30-04 03:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#79800, "RE: My Turbo Plans. Info appreciated."
In response to Reply # 8
Nov-30-04 03:21 AM by Aggression

I am in the same boat blizare, What HP #'s should I expect from all stock motor with just the HRC Stage 2 kit running either 5 to 7 psi?

I don't plan on messing with injectors or anything to that nature. Just the HRC Stage 2 with the smic that comes with it and a 3" catback exhaust. So where would you say I would be HP wise?

I just recently had my headgasket replaced and they did a compression test and I talk with the guy and he said my motor was sound and had great compression in all cylinders.

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

BlizareNov-30-04 03:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#79806, "RE: My Turbo Plans. Info appreciated."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Aggression
I am in the same boat blizare, What HP #'s should I expect from all stock motor with just the HRC Stage 2 kit running either 5 to 7 psi? I don't plan on messing with injectors or anything to that nature. Just the HRC Stage 2 with the smic that comes with it and a 3" catback exhaust. So where would you say I would be HP wise? I just recently had my headgasket replaced and they did a compression test and I talk with the guy and he said my motor was sound and had great compression in all cylinders.

I'd love to see 200-200 whp. I don't think thats too unrealistic but i'm not sure.

I'd like to run larger injectors to be safe side and I'd like to use the SAFC and wideband to tune.

Obviously cooling the intake charge is beneficial but is it worth running a side mount? for 5,6,7 psi?

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #79782 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic