Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #755
View in linear mode

Subject: "What can you make out of this?..." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJeff_99gsJan-05-01 09:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#755, "What can you make out of this?..."

There is apparently some confusion about a turbo kit offered for our car on immortalracing.com. They have a picture of the hahn stage 2 system at the top, but have the rough price of the star stage 1 at the bottom. It is apparently a Drag turbo kit. Any ideas? http://www.immortalracing.com/turbo_applications_page.htm

Jeff

http://gs.dsmpower.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What can you make out of this?..., BoostnRS, Jan-06-01 01:20 PM, #1
RE: What can you make out of this?..., TeamWyatt, Jan-06-01 03:53 PM, #2
      RE: What can you make out of this?..., Tony M (Guest), Jan-06-01 09:19 PM, #3
           RE: What can you make out of this?..., TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-07-01 05:12 AM, #4
                RE: What can you make out of this?..., mike_d, Jan-07-01 10:20 AM, #5
                     RE: What can you make out of this?..., Tony M (Guest), Jan-07-01 10:57 AM, #6
                          RE: What can you make out of this?..., TeamWyatt, Jan-07-01 10:20 PM, #7
                               RE: What can you make out of this?..., TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-08-01 02:24 PM, #8
                                    RE: What can you make out of this?..., JustOne, Jan-11-01 06:31 AM, #9
                                         Now check out their prices..., Phat99Eclipse, Jan-16-01 01:24 PM, #10
                                              RE: Now check out their prices..., TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-16-01 04:08 PM, #11

BoostnRSJan-06-01 01:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#756, "RE: What can you make out of this?..."
In response to Reply # 0

Just from what i've heard... The people who make the drag kits for Honda got together with Star performance, and worked together to create a kit for the 420a platform.. All the components of the star kit are those of the honda drag kits... But its sold under the Star name...

In the end.. it doesnt really matter ! just as long there is interest in our platform im happy !! =)

later!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamWyattJan-06-01 03:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#757, "RE: What can you make out of this?..."
In response to Reply # 1

yeap, Drag and Star work for the saem people as far as all my data.
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Tony M (Guest)Jan-06-01 09:19 PM

#758, "RE: What can you make out of this?..."
In response to Reply # 2

wow $2100 for all of that...whats the diff between that and the star stage 2?

tony

TeamJeff_99gsJan-07-01 05:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#759, "RE: What can you make out of this?..."
In response to Reply # 3

Thats what I was wondering... They say that all their kits have FMICs, which means for $2100 they have basically a star stage 2. It just doesn't sound quite right. (Hence the name of this thread)

Jeff

mike_dJan-07-01 10:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#760, "RE: What can you make out of this?..."
In response to Reply # 4

i e mailed them and this is what they wrote

Subject: Re: turbo kit q
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 18:02:14 EST
To: <marioduarte@home.com>

Everything that is included in the kit is listed on the website under the DRAG logo. The most exciting accessory is the front-mounted intercooler.

Thank you for shopping with Immortal Racing.
www.immortalracing.com

95 Talon ESi-T

Tony M (Guest)Jan-07-01 10:57 AM

#761, "RE: What can you make out of this?..."
In response to Reply # 5

they wrote me...

The main differences are that the DRAG kit comes with a front-mounted intercooler and a Garrett turbo. The installation is much easier on the DRAG kit and of course the big money difference.

Thank you for shopping with Immortal Racing.
www.immortalracing.com

TeamWyattJan-07-01 10:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#762, "RE: What can you make out of this?..."
In response to Reply # 6

I very much doubt its a Stage II Star kit for 2100. Sounds like a Satge I kit. I don' think they know what they are selling.
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

TeamJeff_99gsJan-08-01 02:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#763, "RE: What can you make out of this?..."
In response to Reply # 7

They still say it is sold with a FMIC though. If someone buys the kit and it ends up being the star stage 1 without the FMIC, that is false advertising. Therefore, it has to be the stage 2, or at least very close to that.

Jeff

JustOneJan-11-01 06:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#764, "RE: What can you make out of this?..."
In response to Reply # 8

So, I tryed to call them and all I got was a voice mail box saying that they will get back to me about any questions I had about any of their products. (???) so who knows? I think that some one sould take one for the team and order a kit, hehehe I guess then we will know for sure.

Phat99EclipseJan-16-01 01:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
203 posts,
#765, "Now check out their prices..."
In response to Reply # 9

I checked the site again, and low and behold, the pic of the HRC engine is gone... humh... Bill Hahn must have done some of his own investigating... atleast after seeing this post...

Also, they jacked the prices all of a sudden... what gives? Do any of you guys who were corresponding with them stillkeep in touch with them? What did they say?

Also, did anyone actually take them up on their prices? Just thought I would bring this thread back to the top...hehe

DoN

'99 GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2, CFDF Clutch
Greddy Manual Boost Controller
Greddy BOV and EVO Exhaust
Greddy TT and shift knob
B&M Edge Short Shifter
Eibach Sportlines with Tokiko Blues

'99 Eclipse GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2
Greddy EVO Exhuast
AEM Big Brakes
Greddy Type S BOV
Pioneer DEH-P7200
Bazooka EL1500 running 2 MTX 10" Subs
Fosgate Separates throughout

TeamJeff_99gsJan-16-01 04:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#766, "RE: Now check out their prices..."
In response to Reply # 10

Still have a catch though on the site. They did fix the prices, and changed the "All Drag kits come with FMICs" to "All Drag kits come with FMIC or SMIC". That means that they still have to give away the stage 1 Star for $2150 with at least a side mount. Still a bargain
heh, I wonder if they are going to change that too after seeing this post.

Jeff

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #755 Previous topic | Next topic