Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #7135
View in linear mode

Subject: "1/4 mile times.....how fast are you??" Previous topic | Next topic
speedracer21Jul-06-01 09:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7135, "1/4 mile times.....how fast are you??"

How fast are people here running the 1/4 mile with their HRC, Star, or any other 420 turbo kits...

I'm just wondering what I should expect. And to see who's the fastest

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 1/4 mile times.....how fast are you??, Kory, Jul-06-01 10:02 AM, #1
RE: 1/4 mile times.....how fast are you??, RAIZIN, Jul-06-01 01:01 PM, #2
RE: 1/4 mile times.....how fast are you??, RS_Guy, Jul-06-01 05:18 PM, #3
RE: 1/4 mile times.....how fast are you??, DAVE_FL (Guest), Jul-07-01 05:12 AM, #4
My time sucked so don't laugh too much..., Phat99Eclipse, Jul-08-01 04:30 AM, #5
      RE: My time sucked so don't laugh too much..., Turbo Red GS, Jul-08-01 05:12 AM, #6
      RE: My time sucked so don't laugh too much..., Turbo Red GS, Jul-08-01 05:12 AM, #7
           RE: My time sucked so don't laugh too much..., rsXboy99, Jul-12-01 02:59 AM, #8
                RE: My time sucked so don't laugh too much..., DSMNT96, Jul-12-01 04:37 AM, #9
                     HRC Stage 5 Times, brickardius, Jul-12-01 01:15 PM, #10
                          RE: HRC Stage 5 Times, rsXboy99, Jul-12-01 04:54 PM, #11
                               RE: HRC Stage 5 Times, brickardius, Jul-12-01 05:27 PM, #12
                                    RE: HRC Stage 5 Times, rsXboy99, Jul-13-01 02:52 PM, #13

KoryJul-06-01 10:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7136, "RE: 1/4 mile times.....how fast are you??"
In response to Reply # 0

i expect many peeps in deep in the 13s and some in 12s by now. a few are in 11s i am sure :}

Oh yea... u know i be pimpin!

"RACECAR backwards is RACECAR!"

Kory
ticklemekory@cisco.com
Happy Honda Hunting!

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RAIZINJul-06-01 01:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7137, "RE: 1/4 mile times.....how fast are you??"
In response to Reply # 1

I don't know.. but I can chirp parked.

RS_GuyJul-06-01 05:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#7138, "RE: 1/4 mile times.....how fast are you??"
In response to Reply # 0

I run a ... wait.. my car is broken.. I don't run!

Guy
RS_Guy

"If I wanted a 4G63, I'd have bought an EVO"

http://www.GTuned.com

-----
www.GTuned.com

DAVE_FL (Guest)Jul-07-01 05:12 AM

#7139, "RE: 1/4 mile times.....how fast are you??"
In response to Reply # 0

I havent been to the track since I put on the turbo kit. I am waiting to get the FMIC on. I should have it on in about two weeks. Then it is track time. I hope to run somewhere in the low 14's running 7 psi.

DAVE_FL
97 T-GS
HRC stageI
Stage 2 very soon

Phat99EclipseJul-08-01 04:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
203 posts,
#7140, "My time sucked so don't laugh too much..."
In response to Reply # 4

15.89 at 90 mph... bad 60' times and massive wheel hop... I had to get off the gas to keep from breaking something... but I beat a GST on that run... oh yeah, 5 psi... haven't been back since that run... I run really rich at idle and at the lower rpms at WOT, so I now have an AFC (not installed yet) that I hope will help lean it out a little to get a little more off the line power...

Don
'99 GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2, CFDF Clutch
Greddy Manual Boost Controller
Greddy BOV and EVO Exhaust
Greddy TT and shift knob
AF/X Underdrive Pulley
AEM Big Brake Kit
B&M Edge Short Shifter
Eibach Sportlines with Tokiko Blues

'99 Eclipse GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2
Greddy EVO Exhuast
AEM Big Brakes
Greddy Type S BOV
Pioneer DEH-P7200
Bazooka EL1500 running 2 MTX 10" Subs
Fosgate Separates throughout

Turbo Red GSJul-08-01 05:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
43 posts,
#7141, "RE: My time sucked so don't laugh too much..."
In response to Reply # 5

i have a star stage II, and i have slipping clutch problems now, but my best run has been 14.0 at 100mph. and that even just starting off like from a light. what i mean is i dont drop the clutch or nothing, i slowly come out. i know if i drove it right by letting the clutch out gradually, then i would be mid to high 13's.

later
brian
eclipse star turbo gs
orlando dsm

Turbo Red GSJul-08-01 05:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
43 posts,
#7142, "RE: My time sucked so don't laugh too much..."
In response to Reply # 5

i have a star stage II, and i have slipping clutch problems now, but my best run has been 14.0 at 100mph. and that even just starting off like from a light. what i mean is i dont drop the clutch or nothing, i slowly come out. i know if i drove it right by letting the clutch out gradually, then i would be mid to high 13's.

later
brian
eclipse star turbo gs
orlando dsm

rsXboy99Jul-12-01 02:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
113 posts,
#7143, "RE: My time sucked so don't laugh too much..."
In response to Reply # 7

Well I am racing at a huge import deal at clay city kentucky on the 22dn, and I am hoping to run low 12's with my new setup.

DSMNT96Jul-12-01 04:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
113 posts,
#7144, "RE: My time sucked so don't laugh too much..."
In response to Reply # 8

My sig says it all.

Star Stage 1 E-trim and stock exhaust
15.16 @ 92.52 with 3psi of boost
60ft-2.33
330ft-6.45
1/8-9.85
Best 60ft- 2.23

2011 Kia Optima SX Turbo
(SOLD)'03 Eclipse GS
(SOLD)'96 Eclipse RS
Star Stage 1 @ 5psi w/Stock Exhaust
1/4 ET- 14.78 @ 96.35mph
60ft- 2.42
1/8- 9.71 @ 76.09mph
Best 60ft-2.21

brickardiusJul-12-01 01:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
51 posts,
#7145, "HRC Stage 5 Times"
In response to Reply # 9

Hello, I am running a HRC Stage 5 set-up and a 100 shot of NOS for spool up and I run high to mid 11's with slicks in a 1/4th. Without a LSD and slicks, a front wheel drive car wont do too good So, plan on doing a lot more mods than just a turbo kit, upgraded brakes would be a good start.
--
Brad
98 gs turbo

rsXboy99Jul-12-01 04:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
113 posts,
#7146, "RE: HRC Stage 5 Times"
In response to Reply # 10

hey brad its mark...just curious what have you ran at the valley?

brickardiusJul-12-01 05:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
51 posts,
#7147, "RE: HRC Stage 5 Times"
In response to Reply # 11

What's up Mark, I am new to this site.... I was gonna tell Adam to give you the address, this site is very helpful considering not much attention has been given to our cars... I havent taken it to the Valley since I've had it, to be honest, I've spent 4 times more time working on it than driving it, I'll drive the car for a day or 2 and then think of 10 more things to do to it and have it apart for another month... lol... whenever I decide to take out the massive stereo and someother weight adders, i'll throw on the slicks and take it to the valley, are you all still going on wednesdays?
later,
Brad

rsXboy99Jul-13-01 02:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
113 posts,
#7148, "RE: HRC Stage 5 Times"
In response to Reply # 12

I havnt been to the valley for awhile lately, my car got broken into really bad, and ive been working on it like crazy to get it back up and running. It should be on the streets any day now. You should come to churchill downs on sunday for the autocross, Im just going to watch, but it should be fun.

later

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #7135 Previous topic | Next topic