Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #654
View in linear mode

Subject: "dyno runs" Previous topic | Next topic
Dave16gtJan-03-01 11:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
38 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#654, "dyno runs"

Does anyone have a dyno runs on the Hahn and Star turbo kits. Ive got the Hahn kit and Im just curious as to how much power they can create on a dyno. I dont have a dyno near me that Im aware of so if anyone has done any runs Id like to see what ya got.

Dave16gt

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: dyno runs, TeamJasonESi_T, Jan-03-01 12:55 PM, #1
RE: dyno runs, BoostnRS, Jan-04-01 06:19 PM, #2
      RE: dyno runs, Armond30, Jan-05-01 03:40 PM, #3
           RE: dyno runs, BoostnRS, Jan-06-01 07:44 AM, #4
                RE: dyno runs, BoostnRS, Jan-06-01 08:31 AM, #5
                RE: dyno runs, Dave16gt, Jan-06-01 10:58 AM, #6
                     RE: dyno runs, SaberKhan, Jan-06-01 06:53 PM, #7
                     RE: dyno runs, TeamMuRiX, Jan-17-01 04:59 AM, #8
                RE: dyno runs, TeamMuRiX, Jan-17-01 05:01 AM, #9

TeamJasonESi_TJan-03-01 12:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#655, "RE: dyno runs"
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 03-Jan-01 AT 05:56 PM (PST)

Here's Chris Morales' HRC turbo dyno'ed. It's at the main 2gnt page as well with his mods. I love his setup! He's the moderator known as MuRiX on our message board.

http://www.2gnt.com/files/dyno_murix.htm

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BoostnRSJan-04-01 06:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
#656, "RE: dyno runs"
In response to Reply # 1

Impressive ! 263.9@ wheels!! what was the boost at ???

thanks!

Armond30Jan-05-01 03:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#657, "RE: dyno runs"
In response to Reply # 2

well....he hit 15 psi that day, then the clutch started slipping.......BAD. For some reason, the clutch is holdign fine at 15 psi now, and his car can break the tires loose in 3'rd.......not bark them.....break that LOOSE! heheheh

have fun!

BoostnRSJan-06-01 07:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
#658, "RE: dyno runs"
In response to Reply # 3

That sounds pretty nice !! =)
Quick question to anyone who can answer... Arent we supposed to be close to 300hp@wheels @ 12psi ??? or am i mistaking ??

Its kinda crazy because import tuner had an article on the Civic SI turbo... 250hp@wheels @ 7psi..

latez!

BoostnRSJan-06-01 08:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
#659, "RE: dyno runs"
In response to Reply # 4

On second thought I think Import tuner is lying...
thats alot of HP just for 6-7psi...

ok later!

Dave16gtJan-06-01 10:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
38 posts,
#660, "RE: dyno runs"
In response to Reply # 5

As for 300 hp at the wheels, He only could get up to 5600 rpms due to his clutch slipping and he did not set the cams, according to the mods section. At peak rpm's it should be really close. But still thats alot of horsepower at the wheels for a NT.

Dave

SaberKhanJan-06-01 06:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#661, "RE: dyno runs"
In response to Reply # 6

I've read that article about that Civic. Actually, it had a Type R head, Type R cams, Type R manifold,cam gears, throttle body, all the exhaust upgrades, pulleys Drag GenIII turbo kit with FMIC and it made 250hp @ 9psi with no exhaust hooked up at all. Also, remember the Si has a higher compression ration than our cars. Also, they did reach the 200hp @ the flywheel with it n/a. Not too shabby for a Honduh.

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

TeamMuRiXJan-17-01 04:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#662, "RE: dyno runs"
In response to Reply # 6

Hey guys,

Sorry I am late to the party on this one. Yeah, the boost was only 15psi, running rich on the AFC, cam gears set to 0, and the clutch gave out big time, which is strange because now it is holding and Armond is right, we were able to completely break the tires loos in the 3rd gear several times. It is ridiculous. The general consensus is that I would make close to 300hp at the wheels on a good run with everything worked out at 15psi. It sure feels strong right now, especially at 17psi. Its ridiculous to try and launch at 17psi with street tires and no lsd though.

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage II
And a whole lot of other mods...
89 Accord LSi - yes it's mine
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

TeamMuRiXJan-17-01 05:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#663, "RE: dyno runs"
In response to Reply # 4

At 12psi on a stock engine, I would bet you would be around 220-240hp to the wheels at the most. The 300hp advertised is to the flywheel, which is all you really want on a stock bottom end.

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage II
And a whole lot of other mods...
89 Accord LSi - yes it's mine
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #654 Previous topic | Next topic