Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #650
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hey darkone" Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiJan-03-01 10:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#650, "Hey darkone"

HEy Darkone, did your star kit come with a metal vacuum line to hook up to the FPR? Also, did any check valves come with it?

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-03-01 10:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#651, "No and No."
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 03-Jan-01 AT 03:57 PM (PST)

Didn't come with any vacuum line, any metal line except the oil feed line, and no check valves.

No check valves... to hell with that egr diaphram anyway.

And my boost gauge doesn't sit at zero when the car's off, either. Cheap ass SPI crap Anyone know a way to recalibrate it? Atmospheric norm isn't 5 In Hg.

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJasonESi_TJan-03-01 01:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#652, "No metal vacuum line...(STAR)"
In response to Reply # 1

LAST EDITED ON 03-Jan-01 AT 06:11 PM (PST)

Oh ok...my bad9( I mistated before that I thought this fuel system came with a metal vacuum line)...I saw this picture of Wyatt's install and merely assumed (or saw wrongly) that this long vacuum line was in fact aluminum. Furthermore, since this similarly situated line on the HRC system(for a fuel return line)was in fact aluminum.

So now it's a long SOFT, RUBBER vacuum line that runs from the intake plenum all to the back of the car. I sure wouldn't want a sharp rock or something from UNDERNEATH the car to abrade that baby...

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

95ESiJan-03-01 07:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#653, "RE: No metal vacuum line...(STAR)"
In response to Reply # 2

Hmm, aren't the other tubes running under the car rubber too?

Good thing I have a 1995 =) no need to put vacuum line to back of car =D

l e o n

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #650 Previous topic | Next topic