Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #637
View in linear mode

Subject: "what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?" Previous topic | Next topic
rsXboy99Jan-03-01 10:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
113 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#637, "what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?"

and for example what kind of quarter mile times are looking at for 16lbs- 18lbs- 20lbs of boost? What is the max boost I can run SAFELY for like a one run pass at a track with built internals, and 500cc injectors with a star stage 2? and what about like everday on the street?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?, BoostnRS, Jan-04-01 06:13 PM, #1
RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?, rsXboy99, Jan-06-01 10:03 AM, #2
      RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?, BoostnRS, Jan-06-01 01:23 PM, #3
      rsXboy99, how goes your rebuild ?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-15-01 05:01 AM, #7
RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?, RAIZIN, Jan-07-01 08:13 AM, #4
RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?, TeamMuRiX, Jan-15-01 04:40 AM, #5
      RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?, TeamMuRiX, Jan-15-01 04:47 AM, #6
      RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?, SaberKhan, Jan-15-01 05:58 AM, #9
      RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?, Shant, Jan-15-01 05:14 AM, #8
      RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?, rsXboy99, Jan-16-01 05:07 AM, #10
      Murix where did you get your injectors?, manek, Jan-17-01 07:44 AM, #11
           The need for speed.........., QuicknessNT, Jan-17-01 01:45 PM, #12

BoostnRSJan-04-01 06:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#638, "RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?"
In response to Reply # 0

I dont have built up internals but im sure i can answer a few of your questions...

First off @ 18-20psi you should easily break into the 12sec zone.
However!! a word of caution.. even though you have beefed up internals your fuel system is still the same as the one you were supplied with. Those 500cc injectors may do the job along with the SAFC.. You just have to look back at one thing.. Your Mechanical FMU!!! FMU's are good for about 9psi (reliably)..
besides anything over 9psi.. you are running crazy amounts of fuel pressure in your fuel rail !! (injectors wont be too happy).

Im not saying that an adjustable FMU, a SAFC, and large injectors wont work.. but thats a pretty rugged way to do it..
I would seriously consider looking into a stand alone system, if you are looking for that kind of performance! + it will make your car last longer !

later !

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rsXboy99Jan-06-01 10:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
113 posts,
#639, "RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?"
In response to Reply # 1

what exacly is a mechanical fmu? is that what the vortech unit is?

BoostnRSJan-06-01 01:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
#640, "RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?"
In response to Reply # 2

>what exacly is a mechanical fmu?
> is that what the
>vortech unit is?

Exactly.. As opposed to electronic such as your ECM, the Super-AFC, or a stand alone system.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-15-01 05:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#641, "rsXboy99, how goes your rebuild ?"
In response to Reply # 2

Haven't heard any updates on it, and was wondering. How much is all the work going to run you, and what all did you break ?

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

RAIZINJan-07-01 08:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#642, "RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?"
In response to Reply # 0

My crazy ass took my car all the way to 25psi in second gear. Had no traction so didn't bother boostin that much. I raced 18psi with "TRICK" racing fuel. Smoked da shyt out of some saleen mustangs and old school supra turbo's etc. etc.

TeamMuRiXJan-15-01 04:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#643, "RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?"
In response to Reply # 4

I am running 17-15psi daily on 93 octane - with only a S-AFC, 400cc, HRC fuel pump and FMU - and retarding the timing using a MSD DIS-2

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage II
And a whole lot of other mods...
89 Accord LSi - yes it's mine
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

TeamMuRiXJan-15-01 04:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#644, "RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?"
In response to Reply # 5

Oh, and this is being driven very hard - all the time - what's the point otherwise? I would like to think I am going to run 24psi on race gas. I will work up to it slowly.

I managed to hit 150mph last week before my exit. (I am an irresponsible bastard - don't bother telling me that - sorry if it hurts your feelings or you now hate me) What is the most anyone has gone?

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage II
And a whole lot of other mods...
89 Accord LSi - yes it's mine
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

SaberKhanJan-15-01 05:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#645, "RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?"
In response to Reply # 6

Chris, I managed to hit right at 145 on a long straight between where I live and Houston. I was almost redlining in 5th gear, about 6750rpm. It took a while to ride out that far, and I dont think I'll be doing it again due to the fact that my hatch was flexing bad and my mirrors and windows were bowing in. Also, I dont have tires rated for that kinda speed =o) I'm an ignorant dumass as well.

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

ShantJan-15-01 05:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
64 posts,
#646, "RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?"
In response to Reply # 5

Hey Murix, are you using the HRC FMU? I plan on getting the Bottem end from HRC and thee 550 injectors to run 15psi, liek you, ahve you had any probs? Beacause on HRC site they say to run anything over 15psi you need there Accel DFI system I think..

Shant

rsXboy99Jan-16-01 05:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
113 posts,
#647, "RE: what kind of psi are you built internal guys running?"
In response to Reply # 8

So then what about the fmu that came with the star kit? WIll what i have be enough to support 15psi daily driven? And a recap on what i did. Racing a 2000 mustang cobra about 2 and a half months ago, i was smoking him bad on 10psi, my car stuttered just a lil bit right before i started to race..well i was so excited i didnt look down at any of my guages..and next thing i know im doing 140, i cant see anythying cause of all the smoke..and my car just died. Say good bye piston rings, but oh well. I just want me car back.

manekJan-17-01 07:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
31 posts,
#648, "Murix where did you get your injectors?"
In response to Reply # 5

Murix where did you get your injectors and ofr how much?

anthony....boost withdrawls are a bitch!

QuicknessNTJan-17-01 01:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3 posts,
#649, "The need for speed.........."
In response to Reply # 11

My need for speed craze was fulfilled one night on an empty highway by my old house on a Sunday night. My NT topped 135mph, and it had just rolled over 110K.

I was a dumbazz, I know. I have T-rated tires (118mph)

Blu

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #637 Previous topic | Next topic