Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #633
View in linear mode

Subject: "4G64 Turbo Update - 1999 Eclipse Spyder GS" Previous topic | Next topic
4G64SpyderMikeJan-03-01 07:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
8 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#633, "4G64 Turbo Update - 1999 Eclipse Spyder GS"

Hey guys wuzup??

Just wanted to give you a brief update on how *my* turbo install was going. No this doesn't have anything to do with the 420As but it *was* a 2GNT, just not quite the 2GNT you guys are used to.

Anyway, the turbo install is about 90% complete. Everything has been installed for a week now but it is just getting some tweaking and tuning done (slowly). I still have a big oil leak that is causing me from driving the car more than about a half hour at a time. At first we tested the car at 4psi on the 14B turbo and that was enough to pull on my friend's 1998 Nissan SE-R that dynoed 127hp to the wheels. Keep in mind he also has a 5spd (me auto...doh) and about an 800 lb weight advantage. So we figured a *rough* estimate of 160-170hp at the ground for me at 4psi. Let me tell you though, 7psi is a lot more fun. The car is probably around 185hp to the ground or so in a not so quite tuned form. My goal is to dyno the car next month and get about 200hp to the ground at 8psi with it fully tuned. After that it's tranny swap and internal upgrade time and MORE BOOST! Check out the preliminary pictures of the install (from day 2) at http://www.4g64.20m.com/turbo

Later peeps,
Mike
Project 4G64T
1999 Eclipse Spyder GS - 2.4L turbo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

95ESiJan-03-01 08:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#634, "RE: 4G64 Turbo Update - 1999 Eclipse Spyder GS"
In response to Reply # 0

What kind of tranny swap? Auto to manual?

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJeff_99gsJan-26-01 03:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#635, "Any updates Mike?"
In response to Reply # 1

Just curious...

Jeff

http://gs.dsmpower.com

4G64SpyderMikeJan-26-01 07:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
8 posts,
#636, "RE: Any updates Mike?"
In response to Reply # 2

Well I still have a problem with the oil leak. Hopefully, a friend of mine is going to go over the tomorrow and see if he can find something I have missed. I also might be swapping on the head from a DOHC 2.4L 4G64 before the DSM Shootout to up the power just a bit more. The DOHC 2.4L 4G64 was only used here in a 1994 Galant but has been used in Australia, Japan, and Europe for other applications. If the price is right, I will do it and hopefully see about another 15-20hp gain.

-Mike
Project 4G64T
1999 Eclipse Spyder GS turbo @ 7psi

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #633 Previous topic | Next topic