Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #6040
View in linear mode

Subject: "ok...I found out what happened to my car" Previous topic | Next topic
99GSBBTurboJun-07-01 03:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6040, "ok...I found out what happened to my car"

I went in to Mitsubishi today and talked to Jim (the machanic who was working on my car) and he said I have burnt valves. He's having the head sent in to be rimmed, and ya I'TS UNDER WARANTEE!!!!!!!! Jim said that he should have it back by tomorrow and I'm guessing that I should have my car by the end of next wee I'm not going to put the turbo kit back on until I get an exhaust, so I was wondering what's the best exhaust for our turbo'ed 420A's. I was thinking about getting the Tanabe muffler and having the piping to the cat made. What do you all think??? Thanks again for all your guys help and support, it helped me a lot!!!!!!!

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, Jason 95 GS Turbo, Jun-07-01 04:13 PM, #1
RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-07-01 05:29 PM, #2
      RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, eclipsekaiser, Jun-07-01 05:47 PM, #3
      RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, Erik, Jun-08-01 01:06 AM, #4
      RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, 95ESi, Jun-08-01 10:08 AM, #7
RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, DAVE_FL (Guest), Jun-08-01 02:50 AM, #5
RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, RuffCut, Jun-08-01 03:14 AM, #6
RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, 99GSBBTurbo, Jun-08-01 01:59 PM, #8
      RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jun-11-01 09:52 AM, #9
      RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, phrenzy, Jun-11-01 11:55 AM, #10
      RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, 99GSBBTurbo, Jun-11-01 04:10 PM, #11
      RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, TeamMuRiX, Jun-12-01 12:53 AM, #12
           RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, 99GSBBTurbo, Jun-12-01 02:03 PM, #13
                RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car, eclipselouisville25, Jun-15-01 02:22 AM, #14
ATTN: Kaiser, RS_Guy, Jun-15-01 03:02 AM, #15
RE: ATTN: Kaiser, jZa, Jun-16-01 03:19 AM, #16
      RE: ATTN: Kaiser, Kory, Jun-16-01 03:34 AM, #17
           RE: ATTN: Kaiser, eclipselouisville25, Jun-18-01 04:05 PM, #18

Jason 95 GS TurboJun-07-01 04:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
183 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6041, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 0

thermal 3"...cut the flange off though and weld a 3" flange on and run a 3" high flow cat or test pipe

jason
95 GS Turbo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-07-01 05:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#6042, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 1

Blah..

CUSTOM!! Forget the high priced chrome pipes and stuff.. Go to any local muffler shop and tell them you want 3" pipe put in from your downpipe (or cat) all the way to the muffler. Don't let them give you any shit about it. It's cheaper, and just as effective as any aftermarket exhaust would be. i paid about $100 for mine.. 2.5 inch turbo-back.

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

eclipsekaiserJun-07-01 05:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#6043, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 2

congrats....so I take it you not having to pay for anything??? if so, that is hella cool...
I'm with Dino about the custom 3". Fu#k places like Greddy and HKS that charge 600+ for a full catback. I bet it is all made by the same company over in taiwan. Hell you might just be paying for a Pilot muffler...who knows.
just my 2 cent.....

kaiser

-K-

ErikJun-08-01 01:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1536 posts,
#6044, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 3

I helped a guy hook up NOS on his GST and he had 3" pipe ran STRAIGHT from the downpipe to an APEXi dunk. Looked nice. He was lowered 2" too. He said it picked up 50 hp on the dyno (with no cat though) Only prob was it scraped the ground every now and then.

Shit is all apart. Typical...

95ESiJun-08-01 10:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#6045, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 2

3" mandrel bent pipes????? if so, that's good

Boost is GOOOOOOOD!

DAVE_FL (Guest)Jun-08-01 02:50 AM

#6046, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 0

So when you took the car back to the dealer how did you make it look like it never had a turbo on it. Oil pan holes are stil there right? And what are burnt valves?

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
Eibach Pro Kit
tokico shocks
Power Slot rotors
Custom short shifter
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe
HRC stageI (installed June 16th!!!)

RuffCutJun-08-01 03:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#6047, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 0

Thats nice that you still got warranty to cover you. How did you do it. Did you install and remove the turbo kit yourself, and make it look like you did not have one.

99 Eclipse GS

99GSBBTurboJun-08-01 01:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#6048, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 6

Ya, I took EVERYTHING of Even the oil pan, I used my friends 95' oil pa I don't know what burnt valves are, but I talked to Jim today ( remember...he's working on my car ) and he said I burnt ALL my exhaust valves!!!! All 1 But I don't have to pay for anything and I got a loaner car!!! Cool uh?

About the exhaust, that's what I wanted to do, get like a cool muffler like a tanabe, and get a custome 3" pipe to the cat. So I guess that's what I'll do. What muffler do you all recomend I get???

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

9D9 MITSU RSJun-11-01 09:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#6049, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 8

If u don't want the muffler to scrape, get a DTM style, or the GREDDY EVO. My muffler scrapes some and I am lowered about 1.8".

phrenzyJun-11-01 11:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#6050, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 8

I bet those technicians are sitting there, scratching their heads wondering how those valves got burnt.

'99 Eclipse GS
My dad: "So that thing make your car faster by allowing exhaust gas to exit faster...?"
Me: "Um, no dad...The exhaust gas makes this little thing spin, which on the other side here compresses the intake air"

http://www.rokitlabs.com/gsultra

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

99GSBBTurboJun-11-01 04:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#6051, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 10

Well, he said that I must have reved it to hig I didn't say anything...but today they had my car all back together and started it up. WELL...IT'S STILL FU@KKKED UP!!!!!!!!!!!! They said the compression is fine now, but the pistons are flapping!!!! WTF!!!! So they have to take it back apart and change the pistons, and rings!!!! GOD!!!!!!!!!

sorry, I had to vent.

TeamMuRiXJun-12-01 12:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#6052, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 8

All 16 exhaust valves eh? You must have a superior design (V8) I only have 8 exhaust and 8 intake Just messing with ya man. Since they have to put new parts in, casually ask if you supply the parts would they put them in for you

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage IV+ I think
Sitting and collecting dust most of the time..
A.D.P.
http://www.murix.com

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

99GSBBTurboJun-12-01 02:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#6053, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 12

That's what I meant, all 8 exhaust valve

I tried that...Mitsubishi's stupid...they don't know how to install anything else or something. They said no:P

eclipselouisville25Jun-15-01 02:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
28 posts,
#6054, "RE: ok...I found out what happened to my car"
In response to Reply # 13

i was gonna say something man...but i thought i would let it ride....the man is in a deep state of shock he has no car...so sometimes we say things accidentally....we will have to let some things just ride...

rob
louisville, ky
97 rs
enki17x7
magnacore
groundcontrol
hahnstage1
greddycatback
struttowerbar
nittosrear
khumosfront
shortshift
lightnedflywheel
knfiltercharge coldair/intake
blitzturbotimer
autometer a/f ratio
autometer boost guage
CENTERFORCE DUAL FRICTION

Lyndon@bluegrass.net

http://personal.sdf.bellsouth.net/sdf/l/y/lyndmill/NewEclipse.htm

RS_GuyJun-15-01 03:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#6055, "ATTN: Kaiser"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey Kaiser,

About all the exhausts being made in Taiwan by the same company.... That's basically absolutely 100% true. Or at least very close.

A guy I know, that owns a perfomance store over here, "accidentally" showed how his mufflers were identical to Tanabe's (same manufacturer) and even showed me how he could get them stamped with his name on them!

He then went on to show me APR's Taiwanese source, and Sparco Asia's sources too. The deal is when you buy wholesale from these sources (like a container full of goodies) the average spoiler or muffler costs you about $5-$10... Highway robbery isn't it?

Guy
RS_Guy

http://www.GTuned.com

-----
www.GTuned.com

jZaJun-16-01 03:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#6056, "RE: ATTN: Kaiser"
In response to Reply # 15

exactly, thats why i hate buying all these delinquents' shite. But sometimes you have to (ie. afc). and i don't understand why some people actually support them by putting the stickers on the car

javi d
vroom n' boom

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

KoryJun-16-01 03:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#6057, "RE: ATTN: Kaiser"
In response to Reply # 16

hey rob,

how is your centerforce DF clutch? any probs? bites HARD? i need to get a new clutch soon and would like ur input. thanks!

Oh yea... u know i be pimpin!

"RACECAR backwards is RACECAR!"

Kory
ticklemekory@cisco.com
Happy Honda Hunting!

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

eclipselouisville25Jun-18-01 04:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
28 posts,
#6058, "RE: ATTN: Kaiser"
In response to Reply # 17

kory

i like it the only thing is some times with the centerforce clutch you run into problems with the hydraulics not being strong enough to fully depress the clutch(engage), you may encounter at times when at real high rpms the clutch will not feel like it engaged all the way. i talked to the guys at ky clutch and he says that every year he goes to the trade shows for them and he likes them, but if you have a cable activated clutch you are better off cause youcan adust a cable clutch. you cannot adjust a hydraulic clutch. he also told me that he has put them on dodge duallys and big trucks like that and when these guys pull up behind someone and they cannot disengage the drive to their car they hit someone. but personally i haven't had really any problems with it, but i can tell when i am sitting at a stop with my foot off the brake, and my foot fully depressed on the clutch, and rev the engine pretty strong, and the car will somewhat lunge foward slightly. BUT WHEN YOU RELEASE THE MUTHER-F&*!#@ - IT REALLY CUTS LOOSE FAST. i think you asked if you can chirp...well i can get second, no third though. but i dont have underdrive pulley yet...and no i/c.

still stage 1.

any thing else feel free to ask.
rob
louisville, ky
97 rs
enki17x7
magnacore
groundcontrol
hahnstage1
greddycatback
struttowerbar
nittosrear
khumosfront
shortshift
lightnedflywheel
knfiltercharge coldair/intake
blitzturbotimer
autometer a/f ratio
autometer boost guage
CENTERFORCE DUAL FRICTION

Lyndon@bluegrass.net

http://personal.sdf.bellsouth.net/sdf/l/y/lyndmill/NewEclipse.htm

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #6040 Previous topic | Next topic