Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #56639
View in linear mode

Subject: "what fuel pressure gauge do u use?" Previous topic | Next topic
zhr420Sep-19-03 09:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56639, "what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"

i need one, but the autometer one i want only reads up to 100psi.
is that enough?
later
"Z"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, turbo8u, Sep-19-03 09:16 AM, #1
RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, zhr420, Sep-19-03 09:17 AM, #2
      RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, turbo8u, Sep-19-03 09:43 AM, #3
           RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, Dirty, Sep-19-03 11:38 AM, #4
                RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, thedawg, Sep-19-03 12:11 PM, #5
                     RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, zhr420, Sep-19-03 01:50 PM, #6
                          RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, turbo8u, Sep-19-03 03:07 PM, #7
                          RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, TeamXtremeRS, Sep-19-03 05:42 PM, #8
                          RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, thedawg, Sep-19-03 07:24 PM, #9
                               RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, pn0ymahal, Sep-19-03 09:03 PM, #10
                                    RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, turbo8u, Sep-20-03 06:13 AM, #11
                                         RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, Teamner947, Sep-22-03 07:07 AM, #12
                                              RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, BlueMach5, Sep-22-03 08:26 AM, #13
                                                   RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, Teametx, Sep-22-03 08:46 AM, #14
                                                        RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, TeamXtremeRS, Sep-22-03 09:26 AM, #15
                                                             RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, The1Bill, Sep-22-03 06:34 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, Dirty, Sep-24-03 12:01 PM, #17
                                                                       RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?, RxR_Eclipse, Sep-25-03 04:29 AM, #18

turbo8uSep-19-03 09:16 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56640, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 0

100psi is perfect, u shouldnt see more unless your like maxin out stock injectors hardcore or something. get the autometer electronic one or better yet just get a digital one, they are small. its useless to have a fp GAUGE, imo....you dont really ever need to know what your fuel pressure is after you set it
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Uberingram> I bow down to the Geo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

zhr420Sep-19-03 09:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#56641, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 1

where can i get a digital one?
later
"Z"

turbo8uSep-19-03 09:43 AM
10552 posts,
#56642, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 2

http://www.speedshop.org/store/Scripts/default.asp

im sure there are other ones though. just do a search either on here or google
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

DirtySep-19-03 11:38 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#56648, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 3

Does anyone use the NOS fuel pis gauge for under the hood readings? It goes up to 120psi. I can also get them cheap. Just don't know if it's worth a damn.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

thedawgSep-19-03 12:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#56652, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 4
Sep-19-03 12:11 PM by thedawg

I use the gauge that is optional with the B&M Commandflo for 4g63's. $35 and comes with extra fittings. Very small and fits in the back corner nicely when I'm not using it. Only shows 0-100 psi but I'm running bigger injectors. http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclfuel.htm

You only need >100psi if you're running a HRC stage2 or equivalent on stock injectors.

I have the HRC 0-150psi gauge for sale if anyone wants it. I found it to be the least accurate of 5 gauges I tried, but it's only off by a little.

zhr420Sep-19-03 01:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#56655, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 5

so what u only look at ur fuel pressure when u are idleing?
later
"Z"

turbo8uSep-19-03 03:07 PM
10552 posts,
#56658, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 6

no, once you set your idle fuel pressure you tighten down the locknut and leave it. thats why i dont see a point in having a full on fuel pressure gauge like on a pillar or anything...imo the pillar should be boost, egt and a/f and possibly oil pressure
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

TeamXtremeRSSep-19-03 05:42 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#56663, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 7
Sep-19-03 05:45 PM by XtremeRS

IMO, its pretty important to run a fuel pressure gauge. If anything would happen to your fuel system, an incar gauge will let you know immediately. I use the Autometer electric 100 psi gauge. I always find myself glancing at it, just to make sure everything is A-OK. The fuel system and fuel pressure is the life blood of the turbo motor. Keeping it monitored is pretty important, and aids in tuning, and trouble shooting. That alone is more than worth it to me...I think its even more important than a A/F gauge..the A/F gauge is very innacurat to tune with, since the stock o2 sensor cannot read a true "wide band" range of A/F mixtures. The most important gauge for me is the EGT. Then fuel, then oil pressure. Without the proper fuel and oil pressures, you have one big hunk of metal..I have seen too many times when guys just "set the fuel pressure and leave it", and end up with a blown motor..just because something happened to the fuel system or pressure..something that would easily been seen by a fuel pressure gauge..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

thedawgSep-19-03 07:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#56665, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 6

>so what u only look at ur fuel pressure when u are idleing?

No, I have my gauge on a 2 foot piece of rubber fuel injection hose. When I'm tuning or doing a checkup, I put it through the back of the hood, and use my wiper to clamp it down. I also have a ball valve that I use to shut off the gauge when I'm not using it, so the fuel hose doesn't cause weirdness.

Ghetto but effective and cheap enuf for me.

pn0ymahalSep-19-03 09:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#56672, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 9

i got a fuel gauge in the engine bay for tuning etc, and a full sweep autometer one the expensive kind in my car. the full sweep gauge helps out. once my fuel line got cut so i lost alot of fuel and i notice my full sweep gauge was reading super low so it really saved me at the moment.
i got 6 gauges inside. :o
Michael
99gs
HRC Stage IV 8-Injector Setup
2GNT Member #32

turbo8uSep-20-03 06:13 AM
10552 posts,
#56676, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 10
Sep-20-03 06:14 AM by turbo8u

>i got 6 gauges inside.

lol well you're a gauge whore

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Teamner947Sep-22-03 07:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#56781, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 11

i also use the autometer eletric gauge. i have mine mounted in the glove compartment. i used the light bulb power to make the gauge work - it only turns on when you open the glove box. very cool.

i decided to put it there because:
1. i don't need to see it all the time
2. i hate having gauges on the A pillar poking me in the face and i'm running out of places to put them... hehe
3. i have a "co-pilot" who datalogs and looks at the gauge when i'm doing fuel tuning, so i don't really need to busy myself with having it in a more visable spot

yeah. i got it from Jeff (Flea) for about $170 if i remember correctly.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

BlueMach5Sep-22-03 08:26 AM
Member since Jul 14th 2002
115 posts,
#56784, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 12

Dude that is expensive, $170, for a 0-100psi fuel pressure? Dude you got Jacked...Jegs, has the ultra lite mechanical for 37.99. Or is there something extremely good about the electrical

TeametxSep-22-03 08:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#56787, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 13

That sounds about right for a good electronic fuel pressure gauge.

TeamXtremeRSSep-22-03 09:26 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#56789, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 14

Good electrical pressure gauges will always be much more than mechanical ones. Since its really not a "good" idea to run a fuel line into the car, a electrical gauge is needed. You need a sender for an electric one, and ups the cost quite a bit. I paid 190 for my Autometer electric fuel pressure gague from Summit.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

The1BillSep-22-03 06:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#56832, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 15

Turbo8U said:
>egt and a/f and possibly oil pressure

There is no way in hell that I am playing with a 420a powered car with no oil pressure gauge in the cockpit. It is too easy to spin bearings in this motor. A momentary lapse of oil pressure is really all that it takes, unfortunately. I have lost 2 motors to rod bearings. Guess what isn't going to kill my next motor. The Oil pressure gauge is as vital on a 420a as an oil pump, in my opinion.

-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

DirtySep-24-03 12:01 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#56900, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 16

>There is no way in hell that I am playing with a 420a powered
>car with no oil pressure gauge in the cockpit. It is too easy
>to spin bearings in this motor. A momentary lapse of oil
>pressure is really all that it takes, unfortunately. I have
>lost 2 motors to rod bearings. Guess what isn't going to kill
>my next motor. The Oil pressure gauge is as vital on a 420a
>as an oil pump, in my opinion.
>
>-=B-=

Do you think the pil psi safty sensor would be a good idea? The one that kills engine power when your oil psi drops below 15psi.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

RxR_EclipseSep-25-03 04:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#56926, "RE: what fuel pressure gauge do u use?"
In response to Reply # 17
Sep-25-03 04:32 AM by RxR_Eclipse

I have the NOS one. Look at my sig. You can see it still mounted to my Cartech FPR. Its kinda hiding behind my strut tower brace.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #56639 Previous topic | Next topic