Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #56157
View in linear mode

Subject: "SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside" Previous topic | Next topic
Eagle 5Sep-12-03 11:06 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
479 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56157, "SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside"

OK. This there are not any posts stritctly for this reason, Im starting one. Also, after I get some data I am going to make a spreadshet for people to use as a REFERENCE for when they tune their cars. Basically Im looking for the following...

- Size of injectors (#'s or cc's)
- SFMU disk size being used (aka 2.72" or what not)
- Idle fuel pressure
- Static fuel pressure
- (are there any other fuel pressures?)
- How does car idle? nicely, lumpy, barely?
- Car running Rich or Lean, or just about right
- EGT temps if you can

This is strictly for using JUST the SFMU to tune.

I can make another sheet or add some clumns if using a SAFC and about what your settings are but this is MAINLY using the SFMU ONLY to tune the fuel with. no safc or other stuff.

Hopefully this will help people when they get to this point and there is info in one spot instead of people having to try to search and not find exactly what they want.

"Shop smart, shop S-Mart!" ~ Ash
Member # 1523

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside, siueclipse, Sep-12-03 11:09 AM, #1
RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside, Eagle 5, Sep-12-03 04:45 PM, #2
      RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside, TeamXtremeRS, Sep-12-03 05:32 PM, #3
           RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside, cyan, Feb-14-05 05:47 PM, #4
                RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside, RxR_Eclipse, Feb-14-05 06:49 PM, #5
                     RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside, cyan, Feb-14-05 07:27 PM, #6
                          RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-15-05 02:12 AM, #7
                               RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside, soulcontroller, Feb-15-05 03:04 AM, #8
RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside, hunntyr, Feb-15-05 04:50 AM, #9
RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside, RxR_Eclipse, Feb-15-05 07:54 AM, #10
      RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside, RfOeCnKdOeNr, Jul-13-07 04:46 AM, #11

siueclipseSep-12-03 11:09 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56161, "RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside"
In response to Reply # 0

RC Engineering 440cc Injectors
SFMU Disk 2.72 w/ small black spring
Idle Pressure = 10psi
Static Pressure = 20psi
Boost Pressure @ 16lbs = 90psi @ 1500 EGT
Car idles a tad rough, but perfectly fine, runs just a little too rich.
No AFC.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Eagle 5Sep-12-03 04:45 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
479 posts,
#56187, "RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside"
In response to Reply # 1

thats exactly what im looking for. mayb we someone using 30# injecors or 400cc's or what not

"Shop smart, shop S-Mart!" ~ Ash
Member # 1523

TeamXtremeRSSep-12-03 05:32 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#56188, "RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside"
In response to Reply # 2

30#
SFMU Largest disk/silver spring/bleed valve about 2-3 turns open
Idle fuel @ 17-18 hg's of vac= 20 psi
Fuel at 13 psi= well over 100 psi(gauge doesnt show over 100)/
1550 EGT @wot in 4th gear

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

cyanFeb-14-05 05:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#82704, "RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside"
In response to Reply # 3

found this post while searching...this post should really be updated...it is possibly the best reference tool for those using or planning on using the SFMU to set up their fuel system. (such as myself)

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

RxR_EclipseFeb-14-05 06:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#82707, "RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside"
In response to Reply # 4
Feb-14-05 06:50 PM by RxR_Eclipse

damn this post is way OLD. Anyway cyan here you go.

sfmu, largest disk/dark spring..bleed valve wide open
315 accell injectors
18-19 psi idle FP about -16hg
WOT 4th runs dip just shy of 1575 most of the time
my idle is as good if not better than stock

If you want I can take some video and send it to you

Kevin
The old:

The new:

cyanFeb-14-05 07:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#82711, "RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside"
In response to Reply # 5

sure, if you dont mind...i would be interested in watching it, at least as a reference. and do you know what that 18-19 psi idle FP is equivalent to on 440s or stockers?

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

eclipse982nrRSTFeb-15-05 02:12 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#82715, "RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside"
In response to Reply # 6

i have 440's and my idle FP is set to 15psi and it fucking sucks. it barely runs, lol. am i supposed to have the bleed valve opened up at all? i am seeing 12hg's of vac on the boost gauge? my idle is shitty though, this sucks

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

soulcontrollerFeb-15-05 03:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#82719, "RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside"
In response to Reply # 7

mine idles fine at 15 psi of pressure.

12 vac. is your problem. you have a leak somewhere.

hunntyrFeb-15-05 04:50 AM
Member since Dec 27th 2003
911 posts,
#82725, "RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside"
In response to Reply # 0

As of this morning, (read this to find out why http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=82578&mesg_id=82578&page=)

- Size of injectors = Accel 330cc
- SFMU disk size being used = 3.72 and silver spring
- Idle fuel pressure = 20psi
- Static fuel pressure = 50psi (still need some tuning down I know but I just finished this morning and I had to come to work)
- Fuel Pressure @ boost 77psi
- How does car idle? = Nicely now, right at 900rpm's
- Car running Rich or Lean, or just about right = A little lean under boost but other than that find
- EGT temps if you can = Will let you know soon.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/hunntyr

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

RxR_EclipseFeb-15-05 07:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#82735, "RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside"
In response to Reply # 9

cyan i'll take some video tonight for you. I'll do a quick run down the street and then another of just the car idling.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

RfOeCnKdOeNrJul-13-07 04:46 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2006
259 posts,
#100805, "RE: SFMU tuning and injectors. Post inside"
In response to Reply # 10

I think AFR's would be a good add-on to this page.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #56157 Previous topic | Next topic